It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Are you serious?

Whoever wrote that kept repeating that he doesn’t know anything, and the one parallel he drew was to Pederson, one of the top candidates for coach of the year this year. :lol:
I think it's questionable how much of an impact he had on the Chiefs offense given that he started playcalling in week 13, and seemingly their is visual proof of Reid still calling plays.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Are you serious?

Whoever wrote that kept repeating that he doesn’t know anything, and the one parallel he drew was to Pederson, one of the top candidates for coach of the year this year. :lol:
I think it's questionable how much of an impact he had on the Chiefs offense given that he started playcalling in week 13, and seemingly their is visual proof of Reid still calling plays.

That’s fine. The same questions were around Pederson. He did alright.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:35 pm 

So when we thought he called the wildcard game, it was concerning since they blew it and got shutout in the second half. Now that there is visual evidence to the contrary, it’s also concerning because he didn’t call plays.

Your concern troll game is strong.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FavreFan wrote:
So when we thought he called the wildcard game, it was concerning since they blew it and got shutout in the second half. Now that there is visual evidence to the contrary, it’s also concerning because he didn’t call plays.

You are in the vortex. Godspeed my brother.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Intentionally not understanding the point here.

It's concerning if Andy Reid, who trusted him enough to call plays, did not trust him enough to call plays in the playoffs. It could be that he actually just wanted to try and do a good worker for him a solid by making him a "playcaller" late in the year to help with his job search.

It's pretty amazing that you seem to be the most sensitive to "How can you question anything about this hire?" when you aren't even a Bears fan and would be very happy if they went 0-16 every year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:44 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It's concerning if Andy Reid, who trusted him enough to call plays, did not trust him enough to call plays in the playoffs. It could be that he actually just wanted to try and do a good worker for him a solid by making him a "playcaller" late in the year to help with his job search.

It's pretty amazing that you seem to be the most sensitive to "How can you question anything about this hire?" when you aren't even a Bears fan and would be very happy if they went 0-16 every year.

I'm not being sensitive. You're just making a very poor case.

The bold part is not concerning. The underlined part also applied to one of the best head coaches in the NFL this season last year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You forgot the "I am" at the beginning of this statement.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:53 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm not being sensitive. You're just making a very poor case.

The bold part is not concerning. The underlined part also applied to one of the best head coaches in the NFL this season last year.
I don't think it's concerning that he started calling plays in week 13. I preferred a candidate with no playcalling experience. It was brought up because Frank asked about it.

So, Andy Reid, that publicly handed over playcalling to Nagy in week 13, may have stripped him of it in week 18. No reason to find that slightly concerning?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I understand what Rick is saying and have no issue with it. I think MANY just want to argue with him for not completely agree with the majority.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:59 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So, Andy Reid, that publicly handed over playcalling to Nagy in week 13, may have stripped him of it in week 18. No reason to find that slightly concerning?

I don't think so. It makes sense to me that a head coach, especially one as established and successful as Reid, would want to resume more control in the most important game of the season. Considering the Chiefs results from Week 13-17 were very strong, it clearly could not have been an indictment of Nagy.

Either way, I think many people are grasping at straws either way on this. I don't think they had a realistic shot at McDaniels, and even if they did, no candidate out there is anything close to a sure bet. All the candidates were mostly unknowns or had questions about them in some way. I just don't think any of us know enough about the behind the scenes of the league to have a strong, qualified opinion on this. Seems like an alright hire to me. Doesn't to you. We'll see.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:06 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't think so. It makes sense to me that a head coach, especially one as established and successful as Reid, would want to resume more control in the most important game of the season. Considering the Chiefs results from Week 13-17 were very strong, it clearly could not have been an indictment of Nagy.

Either way, I think many people are grasping at straws either way on this. I don't think they had a realistic shot at McDaniels, and even if they did, no candidate out there is anything close to a sure bet. All the candidates were mostly unknowns or had questions about them in some way. I just don't think any of us know enough about the behind the scenes of the league to have a strong, qualified opinion on this. Seems like an alright hire to me. Doesn't to you. We'll see.
I describe the hire as underwhelming. I wouldn't call it bad. I mean, even I've said that he could become Andy Reid which would certainly be considered a good hire.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:09 pm 

Yeah, every candidate is underwhelming. Defillipo for obvious reasons and McDaniels, the consensus best candidate, has a resume that can very easily be picked apart.

Nagy seems as good as any. Certainly better than the last two Bear hires. I don't get the consternation.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
People thought Mike McCarthy was a shit hire back in 2005. It was blasted in league circles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:11 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
People thought Mike McCarthy was a shit hire back in 2005. It was blasted in league circles.

People were right. He's the luckiest coach in the history of sports.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Yeah, every candidate is underwhelming. Defillipo for obvious reasons and McDaniels, the consensus best candidate, has a resume that can very easily be picked apart.

Nagy seems as good as any. Certainly better than the last two Bear hires. I don't get the consternation.
McDaniels would not be underwhelming. The Patriots want him to take over for Belichick. The issue is when that would be and if he wants to wait around.

DeFillipo has a much better resume. Oh, and it looks like DeFillipo has a year of NFL playcalling experience, though it was the Browns but they don't really count.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

People were right. He's the luckiest coach in the history of sports.

No that would be Ditka.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:15 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

McDaniels would not be underwhelming. The Patriots want him to take over for Belichick. The issue is when that would be and if he wants to wait around.

DeFillipo has a much better resume. Oh, and it looks like DeFillipo has a year of NFL playcalling experience, though it was the Browns but they don't really count.

I liked McDaniels 10 years ago and still like him as a candidate, but his resume is objectively underwhelming. When he didn't have the greatest quarterback in history and didn't work under the best coach in history he fell flat on his face. When he was gone, the Patriots offense didn't miss him.

Edit; DeFillipo does not have a better resume. His one year of playcalling his offense was awful. The credit he gets for Carr(who again is worse than Alex Smith right now) and Wentz is really all you can go on, and it's nebulous at best.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:25 pm 

Every hire that does not have experience (and a track record) as a head coach requires a leap of faith.

When you think about it, coordinator instills very few of the most important qualities required to be a good head coach.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The more I hear about the man the more Iike. He's a high character guy, hard worker, genuine and a players coach. The kind of guy you root for. Hopefully he'll make us a winner again.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:34 am 

I’m wondering if Pederson’s success is inspiring a bit more confidence in Nagy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:43 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:

I think it's more about leading men. You can have the vision but if you can't get guys to fall in line then you'll lose the locker room. Does he have that? We don't know. That's the first thing a coach must have. If you don't have that then you've got a Marc Trestman situation.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:47 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I think it's more about leading men. You can have the vision but if you can't get guys to fall in line then you'll lose the locker room. Does he have that? We don't know. That's the first thing a coach must have. If you don't have that then you've got a Marc Trestman situation.

Agreed, but you never know that until they take control of the locker room. Trestman was the rare case where any sane person knew immediately he couldn't lead a football locker room. Same with Ben McAdoo(which, interestingly enough, was allegedly the Eagles top choice until he took the Giants job.)

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:45 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
FavreFan wrote:

I'd say Belichick's success is likewise a reason for optimism. Like Belichick, Nagy was born in the month of April, so I think that's definitely a good sign Ryan Pace got this one right.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:52 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'd say Belichick's success is likewise a reason for optimism. Like Belichick, Nagy was born in the month of April, so I think that's definitely a good sign Ryan Pace got this one right.

To be clear, you’re equating being born in the same month with coming from the same coaching tree/having the same offensive philosophy/pedigree?

If the criticism of Nagy is that he’s Andy Reid Lite, this is fair to present as a counter.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:09 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

To be clear, you’re equating being born in the same month with coming from the same coaching tree/having the same offensive philosophy/pedigree?

If the criticism of Nagy is that he’s Andy Reid Lite, this is fair to present as a counter.

I'm comparing a somewhat ridiculous extrapolation with a completely ridiculous one. This likewise holds for the notion that Nagy might be good because he's under the age of 40 just like Sean McVey. Pederson's success says next to nothing about whether Nagy was the right hire or not and it would be absurd to lean on it as any kind of criterion for the hire.

It's funny, I literally said to the people I was watching Eagles-Vikings with that I couldn't wait for the hot takes from Bears fans that Pederson's success would be used to bolster the case that Nagy is a good hire. Little did I know I'd actually first encounter it from a Packers fan trying to concern troll Bears fans instead :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:11 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm comparing a somewhat ridiculous extrapolation with a completely ridiculous one. This likewise holds for the notion that Nagy might be good because he's under the age of 40 just like Sean McVey. Pederson's success says next to nothing about whether Nagy was the right hire or not and it would be absurd to lean on it as any kind of criterion for the hire.

It's funny, I literally said to the people I was watching Eagles-Vikings with that I couldn't wait for the hot takes from Bears fans that Pederson's success would be used to bolster the case that Nagy is a good hire. Little did I know I'd actually first encounter it from a Packers fan trying to concern troll Bears fans instead :lol:

As long as you agree the criticism of Nagy as Andy Reid Lite is equally ridiculous I see no problem with your argument.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:53 am 

FavreFan wrote:

It's clearly a good sign and maybe the first positive sign for Nagy.

You ready to declare that Nagy will be a success?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:24 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No. I said I like the hire but I think Mitch sucks so he has a tough road ahead.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:26 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No. I said I like the hire but I think Mitch sucks so he has a tough road ahead.

If you think Mitch sucks then why have you defended Pace for months? If Mitch sucks then Pace has failed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If you think Mitch sucks then why have you defended Pace for months? If Mitch sucks then Pace has failed.

Yes of course. When I was defending Pace there was a lot less tape on Mitch. Also, it’s worth noting that “defended for months” equates to not automatically agreeing with you that he should be fired. I was saying the jury was still out. Obviously if Mitch sucks that’s something he can’t come back from.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next