It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 586, 587, 588, 589, 590, 591, 592 ... 596  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 pm
Posts: 1777
pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
Julie, the person who thinks Native Son ends with a person of color getting a job, is going to do a sports version of a show that required the host to read every guest's book?

No . . . please tell me this is a joke. No person can be that stupid.

(Nice italicizing, by the way. Ima pay your board fee for February.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 pm
Posts: 1777
pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
Oh, and incidentally, I pitched a sports version of Extension 720 on this very board, where once a week in the 10-mid slot they'd do a longform interview with a sports figure and then throw it to callers in the second half of the show. I believe I said no one at 670 could pull it off and I still think I'm right.

It would be a cool podcast....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 14311
Location: "Across 110th Street"
tommy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Julie, the person who thinks Native Son ends with a person of color getting a job, is going to do a sports version of a show that required the host to read every guest's book?

No . . . please tell me this is a joke. No person can be that stupid.

(Nice italicizing, by the way. Ima pay your board fee for February.)


Damn, I get pulled back into a Friday hate read of this thread, and that pops up. That's a new level of stupid, if true.

_________________
"Law cannot change hearts, but it can restrain the heartless." MLKing, 12/7/64, London, England.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:07 pm
Posts: 2222
Location: A large oak tree.
pizza_Place: Nowhere
While it’s been 24 years since I’ve read that book (I should rectify that as I was just talking to my wife about it recently) and am a bit foggy on the details I know it’s not a happy ending.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:46 pm
Posts: 6753
pizza_Place: Giordano's
The art for Julie's new podcast was created using MS Paint, I'm sure of it:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:54 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36123
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
tommy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Julie, the person who thinks Native Son ends with a person of color getting a job, is going to do a sports version of a show that required the host to read every guest's book?

No . . . please tell me this is a joke. No person can be that stupid.

(Nice italicizing, by the way. Ima pay your board fee for February.)

It was just a joke based on her inability to finish things.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:55 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36123
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
The art for Julie's new podcast was created using MS Paint, I'm sure of it:

Image

MS Paint has a basic tool to make perfect circles. She put in work to make the circle look like a child cut it from construction paper with safety scissors.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 2327
pizza_Place: AL'S in Warrenville
Julie should just eat a Tide pod, like the cool kids on Facebook.

_________________
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Have a terrible night and die in MANY fires.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
The art for Julie's new podcast was created using MS Paint, I'm sure of it:

Image
That logo looks like one you buy from one of those gig economy freelance "I'll do this for $5" type sites.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:02 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36123
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
oh shit

Image

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 28581
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
Curious Hair wrote:
oh shit

Image


Is that Arabic?

_________________
IMU wrote:
I saw the photo of yours. Mine had a much smaller circumference but seemed thicker. Let me post a pic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 7321
Location: France
pizza_Place: Baranabyis
No fucking way.

_________________
good dolphin wrote:
When you can't move the Cubs to Rosemont, move Rosemont to the Cubs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 7321
Location: France
pizza_Place: Baranabyis
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
oh shit

Image


Is that Arabic?

It's the ISIS flag.

_________________
good dolphin wrote:
When you can't move the Cubs to Rosemont, move Rosemont to the Cubs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 28581
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
:lol:

_________________
IMU wrote:
I saw the photo of yours. Mine had a much smaller circumference but seemed thicker. Let me post a pic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
It's going to be hilarious that a podcast called "Stick To Pods" will not have more than 4 episodes before it goes away.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 28581
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's going to be hilarious that a podcast called "Stick To Pods" will not have more than 4 episodes before it goes away.


I'm thinking only 3...

_________________
IMU wrote:
I saw the photo of yours. Mine had a much smaller circumference but seemed thicker. Let me post a pic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 2327
pizza_Place: AL'S in Warrenville
If the line is 4 I am taking the under

_________________
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Have a terrible night and die in MANY fires.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:40 pm
Posts: 4985
pizza_Place: Pat's...South Loop
What does "Stick to Pods" mean anyway? I thought it could be a reference to people imploring her and other Score hosts to "Stick to Sports," but it doesn't really make sense.

_________________
To IkeSouth, bigfan wrote:
Are you stoned or pissed off, or both, when you create these postings?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:09 pm
Posts: 3825
pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
finally good dicaro thread material today, thanks for the laughs....

disapointed no gofundme or patereon setup yet to fund content.... maybe keyena can reach out to the burn it down gals to get the scoop on why julie quit or got fired from that pod


Last edited by billypootons on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 48508
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's going to be hilarious that a podcast called "Stick To Pods" will not have more than 4 episodes before it goes away.


First guest: Lisa Dergan

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:24 pm
Posts: 4605
pizza_Place: Pequods
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's going to be hilarious that a podcast called "Stick To Pods" will not have more than 4 episodes before it goes away.


First guest: Lisa Dergan

That's the final episode: "I left Pods"

_________________
“When I walked in this morning, and saw the flag was at half mast, I thought 'alright another bureaucrat ate it.'" - Ron Swanson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:25 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36123
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
What does "Stick to Pods" mean anyway? I thought it could be a reference to people imploring her and other Score hosts to "Stick to Sports," but it doesn't really make sense.

That's exactly what it is, but it's so many flips and turns away from the "stick to sports" line that it has no apparent meaning other than "listen to podcasts* rather than over-the-air radio," which is funny coming from a host who does both and presumably requires the latter to do the former.

*AND ANOTHER THING: we need to stop referring to podcasts as "pods." "Podcast" is a portmanteau of "iPod" and "broadcast." You wouldn't have someone "on the pod," you'd have them "on the cast." It's such stupid usage and it's even stupider for me to get mad about it but it's really annoying!

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 2327
pizza_Place: AL'S in Warrenville
billypootons wrote:
finally good dicaro thread material today, thanks for the laughs....

disapointed no gofundme or patereon setup yet to fund content.... maybe keyena can reach out to the burn it down gals to get the scoop on why julie quit or got fired from that pod


She's not on that podcast anymore?

_________________
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Have a terrible night and die in MANY fires.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:46 pm
Posts: 6753
pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
oh shit

Image


Is it possible that Julie requested the circle in her podcast artwork resemble the Seal of Muhammad?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71641
Curious Hair wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
What does "Stick to Pods" mean anyway? I thought it could be a reference to people imploring her and other Score hosts to "Stick to Sports," but it doesn't really make sense.

That's exactly what it is, but it's so many flips and turns away from the "stick to sports" line that it has no apparent meaning other than "listen to podcasts* rather than over-the-air radio," which is funny coming from a host who does both and presumably requires the latter to do the former.

*AND ANOTHER THING: we need to stop referring to podcasts as "pods." "Podcast" is a portmanteau of "iPod" and "broadcast." You wouldn't have someone "on the pod," you'd have them "on the cast." It's such stupid usage and it's even stupider for me to get mad about it but it's really annoying!

That ship has sailed. I hear people referring to "good pod" quite a bit

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33591
rogers park bryan wrote:
I hear people referring to "good pod" quite a bit

Yup!

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:24 pm
Posts: 4605
pizza_Place: Pequods
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
billypootons wrote:
finally good dicaro thread material today, thanks for the laughs....

disapointed no gofundme or patereon setup yet to fund content.... maybe keyena can reach out to the burn it down gals to get the scoop on why julie quit or got fired from that pod


She's not on that podcast anymore?

she vanished without fanfare. I think they booted her off. It's notable that she no longer promotes her "friends"

_________________
“When I walked in this morning, and saw the flag was at half mast, I thought 'alright another bureaucrat ate it.'" - Ron Swanson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:41 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36123
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
She probably figured she could monetize her base of foot fetishists and paypigs into her own podcast and went solo.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:28 am
Posts: 11868
Location: Boofoo Zoo
pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
A show devoted to Scott Podsednik doesn't seem well thought out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:49 am
Posts: 38
pizza_Place: Connies
KDdidit wrote:
A show devoted to Scott Podsednik doesn't seem well thought out.


Fuck you!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 586, 587, 588, 589, 590, 591, 592 ... 596  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group