It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
FavreFan wrote:
I think Lopez is a horrible defender and provides next to zero rim protection. I think Portis is already a better player and should definitely play more.

All our guards suck outside of Dunn so I don’t have a better option than Holiday, but I don’t think a guy like Grant is much worse. He’s certainly a lot smarter. With Lavine coming back Holiday should go back to a 15-18 mpg role though.

Disagree about Robin. Disagree about Grant -- he's much worse than Holiday because he can't shoot from anywhere on the court. Wholeheartedly agree about LaVine and reduced playing time for Holiday.

I just want a top 5 pick. I don't think it's a big deal to trade 2 guys who put up average to good numbers on a team looking towards the future -- a future those guys won't be apart of.

Holiday was 5 for 6 from the 3 point line against the Mavs a week ago. Scored 23. Bulls won by 3 points. I would've liked Holiday not to put up those numbers, still enjoying Lauri go 16 and 8 against Dirk in a Bulls loss. A month ago Holiday was 5 for 7 from three against the 76ers. Bulls won by 2 points.

I don't want a couple meaningless wins resulting in drafting after the top 5.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I'm all for trading Holliday and Lopez. Those guys suck. I don't want to give away Niko for nothing though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I think Lopez is a horrible defender and provides next to zero rim protection. I think Portis is already a better player and should definitely play more.

All our guards suck outside of Dunn so I don’t have a better option than Holiday, but I don’t think a guy like Grant is much worse. He’s certainly a lot smarter. With Lavine coming back Holiday should go back to a 15-18 mpg role though.

Disagree about Robin. Disagree about Grant -- he's much worse than Holiday because he can't shoot from anywhere on the court. Wholeheartedly agree about LaVine and reduced playing time for Holiday.

I just want a top 5 pick. I don't think it's a big deal to trade 2 guys who put up average to good numbers on a team looking towards the future -- a future those guys won't be apart of.

Holiday was 5 for 6 from the 3 point line against the Mavs a week ago. Scored 23. Bulls won by 3 points. I would've liked Holiday not to put up those numbers, still enjoying Lauri go 16 and 8 against Dirk in a Bulls loss. A month ago Holiday was 5 for 7 from three against the 76ers. Bulls won by 2 points.

I get what you’re saying. I just think the toothpaste is already out of the tube on a top 5 pick. I don’t think you can turn this into a bottom 5 team without outright benching healthy players.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:23 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I get what you’re saying. I just think the toothpaste is already out of the tube on a top 5 pick. I don’t think you can turn this into a bottom 5 team without outright benching healthy players.

I'm sort of 50/50 on the opinion of the Bulls being a bottom 5 team sans Niko, Lopez, and Holiday --because someone has to fill in for them and do their thing. But, I'm willing to flip the coin and hope for the best. These two guys won't be on the team in 2019. And again, one or two more wins (Holiday draining 5 three pointers in a game or Lopez might put up a silly 20 and 10 line) means the difference of selecting 5th versus 7th or 4th versus 6th.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:28 pm 

Right, but I think you’d really have to analyze each relatively close game before figuring out Holiday’s impact on W/L. There are so many things he does poorly that don’t show up on the stat sheet. He’s maybe the worst offender in the league at jacking up a contested shot with nobody under the basket and 18 seconds left on the shot clock. That’s essentially a turnover. And he does it constantly.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Right, but I think you’d really have to analyze each relatively close game before figuring out Holiday’s impact on W/L. There are so many things he does poorly that don’t show up on the stat sheet. He’s maybe the worst offender in the league at jacking up a contested shot with nobody under the basket and 18 seconds left on the shot clock. That’s essentially a turnover. And he does it constantly.

Absolutely agree. I say pull the trigger and see though. Especially because I think Grant and Felicio aren't capable of putting up the same numbers as Holiday and Lopez.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:37 pm 

Yeah, I’m firmly against tanking but my opinion is meaningless. They’re already sitting Niko while healthy the last week. They’ve made their decision. Trade away any and everything that isn’t nailed down.

I just think it would be difficult to find a suitor for Holiday.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:52 pm 

They’re too good, Ron.

To rock my soul