It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Crawford
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One thing that makes me think it's probably just a mundane injury though is the fact Dan Bernstein hasn't run with rampant unsubstantiated speculation. He would never pass on a chance to shit on the Hawks or Crawford.
Bernstein just addressed this so...

he's about 3 days late to the party.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:24 pm 

The team should've gotten suspicious when the snow on Crow's mask didn't melt after games.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
It sure sounds like Crawford is going to be out long enough that they won't be able to make up enough ground for the playoffs. So they need to start trading whatever pieces other than Kane, the young defensemen, and maybe Saad that have any kind of value at all.

And if Crawford's injury was extracurricular, again, I'd assume he'll be traded in the offseason. That one will be on Stan, because he could have re-signed Darling instead and traded Crawford last off season.

Did you accidentally ingest chas' meth?

I do not,repeat do meth.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One thing that makes me think it's probably just a mundane injury though is the fact Dan Bernstein hasn't run with rampant unsubstantiated speculation. He would never pass on a chance to shit on the Hawks or Crawford.
Bernstein just addressed this so...

he's about 3 days late to the party.
It may not have come across that way but I meant that you nailed it and thus it's probably not just a mundane injury.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:16 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Toews said "he'll be back to help us when he knows how to again" or something. Were he and Darling co-sponsors or something? Look at all these drunk pieces of shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Toews said "he'll be back to help us when he knows how to again" or something. Were he and Darling co-sponsors or something? Look at all these drunk pieces of shit.

Sounds like rehab.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:28 pm 

What do you expect from a league where the Las Vegas expansion team is virtually undefeated at home because these spoiled oafs can't conceive of going to VEGAS BABY WOOOOO without overdoing alcohol and cocaine?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Curious Hair wrote:
What do you expect from a league where the Las Vegas expansion team is virtually undefeated at home because these spoiled oafs can't conceive of going to VEGAS BABY WOOOOO without overdoing alcohol and cocaine?

You think this is bad,wait until the NFL starts up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Vertigo. Possibly season ending and god knows what else. Fuck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:54 pm 

Crawford has vertigo, according to Sun Times he had similar symptoms when he missed the last month of the 15-16 season before the playoffs. The team said he may not play again this season. (if not even longer)

I'm not sure if his symptoms are the same as here, but it does remind me of this from Bryce Salvador https://www.theplayerstribune.com/bryce ... etirement/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Eh, took them 3 weeks to announce it was vertigo? Hmmm....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Crawford has vertigo, according to Sun Times he had similar symptoms when he missed the last month of the 15-16 season before the playoffs. The team said he may not play again this season. (if not even longer)

I'm not sure if his symptoms are the same as here, but it does remind me of this from Bryce Salvador https://www.theplayerstribune.com/bryce ... etirement/

David Duval disease. Send him to LTIR.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Well this is how Bickell's serious health issues started. If he were in rehab I think they would have gone public with their creation of a 2nd asshole for him. I doubt this is something you want everyone knowing about and talking about. He probably was just hoping it went away and finally decided to let someone speak once the rehab rumors took off.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:12 pm 

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Time to start dealing. Put Crawford on long term LTIR, use that cap space to take on a larger expiring contract from a cap constrained contender for somebody with equal money but over 2-3 years, and pick up a prospect as a commission.

No use bring him back to a team which is slipping more every week, and risk permanent damage. Let him rest up and he can make a decision this summer about returning in October.

If it turns out that the doctors advise him that more damage is possible and he should retire, put him on the Hossa LTIR wagon and start the rebuild in earnest.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:30 pm 

Time to start dealing. Put Crawford on long term LTIR, use that cap space to take on a larger expiring contract from a cap constrained contender for somebody with equal money but over 2-3 years, and pick up a prospect as a commission.

No use bring him back to a team which is slipping more every week, and risk permanent damage. Let him rest up and he can make a decision this summer about returning in October.

If it turns out that the doctors advise him that more damage is possible and he should retire, put him on the Hossa LTIR wagon and start the rebuild in earnest.

Good idea. Ansimov would be the only one that fits that criteria- 3yrs after this at $4.55m per/yr.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:45 pm 

https://twitter.com/PuckinHostile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Curious Hair wrote:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's

If it turns out to be MS like Bickell, I don't think it's a matter of risking permanent damage - it's there, period. That's a pro athlete retirement sentence right there. Ended Bickell's and Josh Harding's careers quickly after diagnosis. I agree, though, if there are any suspicions, may as well do what you can to bolster the team for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:58 am 

At this point, I think there is no reason to give up any assets.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:06 am 

Minooka Meatball wrote:

If it turns out to be MS like Bickell, I don't think it's a matter of risking permanent damage - it's there, period. That's a pro athlete retirement sentence right there. Ended Bickell's and Josh Harding's careers quickly after diagnosis. I agree, though, if there are any suspicions, may as well do what you can to bolster the team for the rest of the season.

There are plenty of things outside of MS that vertigo can be a symptom of. That's why I linked to the Salvador Player's Tribune piece.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
What a shame. This guy was playing darn good. Gotta be a veteran goalie out there better than Glass right?? You either give up on the season and trade for the future or get a goalie ASAP to rejuvenate the team. You can't just do nothing and continue with the status quo.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Vertigo is hockey slang for "MS".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:15 pm 

Scotty Bowman (not Stan) is saying it is post concussion syndrome related.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
FrankDrebin wrote:

First thing I thought of. Is vertigo that difficult to diagnose?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:51 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Due to a clerical error, for the first week or so they were trying to diagnose Crow with vitiligo.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Always though of vertigo as a symptom more than a diagnosis. Vertigo always reminds me Nick Esasky. I’m not going to say that bastard cost me a roto league championship in 1990 with his vertigo issues but it sure didn’t help the cause.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Peoria Matt wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

They were probably trying to delay the conclusions people would rightfully form about this team's chances this season for as long as possible. Maybe it helped attendance for a few games when people didn't know how serious Crawford's situation was. Personally, I might have gone to a game over the last couple weeks but now I feel the season is lost.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:34 pm 

DAC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

They were probably trying to delay the conclusions people would rightfully form about this team's chances this season for as long as possible. Maybe it helped attendance for a few games when people didn't know how serious Crawford's situation was. Personally, I might have gone to a game over the last couple weeks but now I feel the season is lost.

I don't know if that would be why. The tickets are all sold, it's just a matter of secondary ticket market and no-shows. StubHub tickets will be cheap so I'm grabbing a game when I'm in town next month.

I'm seeing some that are below face value so that's fine by me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:

Jesus, CH.....this may be your lowkey funniest statement ever... :lol: