It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: John's
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... at-charges
Quote:
San Francisco traded their first-round selection (2nd) to Chicago in exchange for Chicago's first-, third-, and fourth-round selections (3rd, 67th, and 111th) as well as their third-round selection in 2018.[source 1]

Quote:
No. 31: Seattle → San Francisco (D). Seattle traded a first-round selection (31st) to San Francisco in exchange for San Francisco's second- and fourth-round selections (34th and 111th).[source 1]

So for those scoring at home, Foster will likely be out of the league now...so scratch the 49er's 4th round pick and their 2nd rounder. When the 49er's traded down, they barely got Jimmy Johnson Blue Book value on the trade. So essentially for moving down they got one third rounder. Awful haul when you have the second overall pick and rights to a franchise QB.

Pace fleeced Lynch.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:58 am 

That's one of the biggest stretches I've seen about an NFL trade.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 am 

It's just simple fact. If Foster is done(and looks like he will be, it's his 2nd arrest already)..you null those picks. They have yielded nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:01 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
It's just simple fact. If Foster is done(and looks like he will be, it's his 2nd arrest already)..you null those picks. They have yielded nothing.
So, the idea here is that Pace would have been just as dumb with those picks, and that somehow makes him the winner of the trade that literally did not need to happen?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Get on back.....STRETCH!!

You cant evaluate trades like this. Pace got screwed, if Mitch is good it wont matter.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
They just signed their franchise QB.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:07 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

You cant evaluate trades like this. Pace got screwed, if Mitch is good it wont matter.

Actually, I just did.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:08 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Actually, I just did.

OK, you can't intelligently evaluate trades like this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:09 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Actually, I just did.

You did nothing to intelligently dis-evaluate my evaluation. The ball is in your court now. My numbers don't lie.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:12 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Actually, I just did.

You did nothing to intelligently dis-evaluate my evaluation. The ball is in your court now. My numbers don't lie.

An evaluation of this type assumes that the Chicago Bears would have done everything the same as the 49ers did. Even IF they did and wasted all the picks...the consensus still remains among NFL people that the trade wasn't even necessary because no one was looking to move up to that spot. The trade sucks unless Mitch is good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:18 pm 

Wait a minute here.
No. 2: San Francisco → Chicago (D). San Francisco traded their first-round selection (2nd) to Chicago in exchange for Chicago's first-, third-, and fourth-round selections (3rd, 67th, and 111th) as well as their third-round selection in 2018

3rd pick: Solomon Thomas
67th pick: Alvin Kamara (pro bowler)
111th: Tedric Thompson
2018 third round selection: TBD

So, there already is a pro bowler that was picked with the pick he gave up so he could get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, who he would have gotten anyways. He also gave up this years third round selection.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
This thread is worse than a sini freestyle.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:24 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Wait a minute here.
No. 2: San Francisco → Chicago (D). San Francisco traded their first-round selection (2nd) to Chicago in exchange for Chicago's first-, third-, and fourth-round selections (3rd, 67th, and 111th) as well as their third-round selection in 2018

So, there already is a pro bowler that was picked with the pick he gave up so he could get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, who he would have gotten anyways. He also gave up this years third round selection.

Kamara is a horrible example. Every team in the NFL passed on Kamara.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:34 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Wait a minute here.

Kamara is a horrible example. Every team in the NFL passed on Kamara.

What? He was literally picked with the pick the Bears gave up. Isn't that your whole point in this thread? We are assuming that Pace makes the exact same picks that the team in that spot did. Well, I'll take Alvin Kamara and Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky over Not Alvin Kamara and Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Reads like a rube post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
so again....he still gave up picks for a player who was going to be sitting there at 3 anyway. He Lost.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:58 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
so again....he still gave up picks for a player who was going to be sitting there at 3 anyway. He Lost.

...and a pick that was used to draft a pro bowl rookie.

Great trade. Good thread Bob.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:59 pm 

I wonder what was covered up in Tuscaloosa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:25 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
This thread is worse than a sini freestyle.

Hey fuck Ruben Foster he's a woman accoster it's a big win for Pace cuz he's up in your face making trades for the Bears he's not getting stares he's giving teams scares cuz the Bears are on the rebound they don't post raps to soundcloud they don't pop xans they have meatball fans

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:30 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

This is a false assumption. There were other teams calling on the pick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:35 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

This is a false assumption. There were other teams calling on the pick.

I'm guessing teams call about all the top picks in the draft. The Bears were the only one who could guarantee that the 49ers get their choice since they were only a pick behind.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 pm 

And they gave up MARKET value for the pick. Check the draft value chart. It was a fair trade at the time. But now the 49er's have squandered their bounty, hence Pace wins.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:40 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
And they gave up MARKET value for the pick. Check the draft value chart. It was a fair trade at the time. But now the 49er's have squandered their bounty, hence Pace wins.

I'll take Alvin Kamara and Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky or Deshaun Watson and feel ok and then enjoy having a 3rd round pick this year and feel even better.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:41 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'll take Alvin Kamara and Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky or Deshaun Watson and feel ok and then enjoy having a 3rd round pick this year and feel even better.

I hate to break it to you, but if you re-did the draft, all three are going top 10. This is an evaluation on the past draft.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:42 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I hate to break it to you, but if you re-did the draft, all three are going top 10. This is an evaluation on the past draft.

Exactly. If Watson and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky are both that highly regarded then you don't trade the picks to get someone who isn't remarkably better.