It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:16 pm 

I guess we're going to talk about him today for some reason?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Go up the dial for your Cubs talk!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:51 pm 

They are talking about how the Hawks are bad and no one cares besides reddit and Lazarus twitter comments. Should get some dumb callers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
What I don't understand is that no one gives two shits about the Hawks but they give WGN great ratings. Every time Hawks talk starts on The Score, listeners start complaining, yet the team is carrying WGN? Doesn't make sense.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:22 pm 

rogar6 wrote:
What I don't understand is that no one gives two shits about the Hawks but they give WGN great ratings. Every time Hawks talk starts on The Score, listeners start complaining, yet the team is carrying WGN? Doesn't make sense.
I don't think they care about ratings.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:31 pm 

Today may be the most condescending show they've had about hockey. No one cares about the Hawks. People will just forget that it used to be a big party. No one cares if the Blackhawks tank like they did for the Cubs.

The average Hawks fan knows less about their league than the average Bulls fan, Cubs fan, Sox fan. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm 

"College basketball sucks"

Cancel this show now. Hire Tim Doyle!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:05 pm 

Shocking attendance drop in college football! They are blaming millenials. Maybe that explains the B&G ratings!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Jason didn't go to football games when he was in college because he didn't want to get up that early after studying hard all week.

He's rambling about going to a Bears game with his dad. There was a drunk guy behind them one time and his Dad turned around and said "Hey man, I've got my family here." Then the guy started fighting with someone else in their row, ended up getting pummeled, and Jason was like "Yo..."

Compelling and Rich.

I'm still not sure how or why Bernstein has a Heisman vote when he openly expresses his disdain for, and lack of interest in, college football.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Maybe that explains the B&G ratings!

No. A horrible show explains their ratings.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Bacino's
they were going on and on about somebody accidentally releasing nude photos or something but i have no clue who they were talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Tuned in around 1:30 when I went out to walk the dog. Heard “Kyrie Irving,” knew it was national NBA talk, and PTFB. About an hour later, I got in the car and heard “Fred Hoiberg,” knew it was local NBA talk, and PTFB. They are still very NBA heavy, and I’m personally not a fan.

I would think with streaming statistics, they could tell what topics listeners like/dislike—they should be able to precisely measure the stream counts at any given time. Maybe the sample size is too small, or maybe I’m in the minority on this, but it’s too much NBA for me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Heisenberg wrote:
Tuned in around 1:30 when I went out to walk the dog. Heard “Kyrie Irving,” knew it was national NBA talk, and PTFB. About an hour later, I got in the car and heard “Fred Hoiberg,” knew it was local NBA talk, and PTFB. They are still very NBA heavy, and I’m personally not a fan.

I would think with streaming statistics, they could tell what topics listeners like/dislike—they should be able to precisely measure the stream counts at any given time. Maybe the sample size is too small, or maybe I’m in the minority on this, but it’s too much NBA for me.

My guess would be that the kind of listeners in this town who welcome mid-season National NBA talk as much as is given out by this show, are more likely already on the devices that are counted by the streaming figures the station has adopted to get a "better picture" of their listenership outside of PPM ratings. So you turn off the stream for National NBA, but the stream is largely resilient to it.

There might be (or have been when the show was planned) a feedback loop forming, where the station doesn't trust Nielsen figures (or doesn't want to pay for them) so they try to cultivate streaming/digital numbers to take to advertisers, and those numbers show the listeners stay when Dan and Jason talk about LeBron for an hour or two, so it can't possibly be the NBA talk that is hurting us!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

My guess would be that the kind of listeners in this town who welcome mid-season National NBA talk as much as is given out by this show, are more likely already on the devices that are counted by the streaming figures the station has adopted to get a "better picture" of their listenership outside of PPM ratings. So you turn off the stream for National NBA, but the stream is largely resilient to it.

There might be (or have been when the show was planned) a feedback loop forming, where the station doesn't trust Nielsen figures (or doesn't want to pay for them) so they try to cultivate streaming/digital numbers to take to advertisers, and those numbers show the listeners stay when Dan and Jason talk about LeBron for an hour or two, so it can't possibly be the NBA talk that is hurting us!

JLN, you seem informed on this. I’m guessing streaming stats, while precise, probably don’t correlate with the larger audience. Even in my example, I was streaming while walking the dog but over the airwaves in my car. But, they should be able to reveal at least some listening habits.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogar6 wrote:

No one cares about the Hawks, yet they carry WGN's ratings, no one cares about the Hawks, yet they get more viewers than the Bulls. Maybe no one cares to talk about the Hawks with a dullard like Jason Goff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:36 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
rogar6 wrote:

No one cares about the Hawks, yet they carry WGN's ratings, no one cares about the Hawks, yet they get more viewers than the Bulls. Maybe no one cares to talk about the Hawks with a dullard like Jason Goff.

Harsh.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
btw i gotta point out that a part of me died when i heard beerstine say that yu darvish "looked good in that cubs hat" --- THE B&B I REMEMBER = terry saying (of lou piniella at his introductory press conference IIRC) "once you put on that cubs hat you look a little bit dumber"

#RIPTERRY (resting =/= death btw =)