It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

I heard some "devil-like" laughs when talking about how bad they are and how they will suck for years. Literally taking joy in it.

In Goff's deranged mind, it's a victory for him and blacks of Chicago over the racist white Blackhawk fans.

I'm being dead serious. That's how he views it.

Goff often makes fun of the Sox vs. Cubs thing with fans. Cuz Bernstein hates that. But Goff has that hate times 20 when it's Bulls vs. Hawks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
First time I ever agreed with Goff on anything

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hatchetman wrote:

So rather than not watching or caring about the Hawks or hockey you’d rather actively hope for bad things?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I heard that segment. loved when he went on to say he knew nothing about where there are development-wise with pipeline talent, surely the fix is trading toews or kane (because those names still "ring out") and that he was going to a game later this week.

Bad.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
done he says lol. Except the cap is going up to 80 million ahahahahahah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:56 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

So rather than not watching or caring about the Hawks or hockey you’d rather actively hope for bad things?

Kinda like you and the Cubs

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Bernstein and his lackeys hate the Blackhawks so fucking much. It tears their asses right up that just as Derrick Rose came to town to be the savior of the Bulls, the Bulls with so much wind at their backs did fuck-all while the Blackhawks rebuilt themselves out of nothing and won three championships. The Hawks ruined the Bulls renaissance for these basketball nerds and they can never be forgiven.

Beardown wrote:
Goff often makes fun of the Sox vs. Cubs thing with fans. Cuz Bernstein hates that. But Goff has that hate times 20 when it's Bulls vs. Hawks.

The Bulls/Blackhawks hate is not the one-way street Dan and Jason make it out to be.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:34 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Bernstein and his lackeys hate the Blackhawks so fucking much. It tears their asses right up that just as Derrick Rose came to town to be the savior of the Bulls, the Bulls with so much wind at their backs did fuck-all while the Blackhawks rebuilt themselves out of nothing and won three championships. The Hawks ruined the Bulls renaissance for these basketball nerds and they can never be forgiven.

Beardown wrote:

The Bulls/Blackhawks hate is not the one-way street Dan and Jason make it out to be.

Obviously. Goff makes it "Black vs. White". Bernstein has encouraged him to do so. Mitch hides in his office while this is going on. And Silvy and Waddle beat them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:31 am 

RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

...and him and B&G.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:05 am 

RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Touche.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:07 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

...and him and B&G.

No that isn't the same. I have no serious ill will for Bernstein. I simply long for what used to be and what should have been.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:11 am 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

...and him and B&G.

No that isn't the same. I have no serious ill will for Bernstein. I simply long for what used to be and what should have been.

Sure you do. You've complained about him asking for donations for charity on his show.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:27 am 

I don't remember being against the charity. I most likely bitched about the amount of it maybe?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
Hatchetman wrote:

X2

Hate Goff and his giggling more than almost anything, that said I hate the stupid blackhawks and their meathead fans more(actually all hockey is lame).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
my problem with the Blackhawks is honestly I don't give one fuck. here we have one of the worst teams in the NHL and the media is still talking about how many points out of the playoff hunt they are and when Crawford comes back. jeez, give it a fucking rest. this team is horrible and should be treated as such.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I too am taking a sadistic joy in the Hawks being horrible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
I wonder how long people will keep their Blackhawks licence plates?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:

honestly i think the only "unforgivable" thing the blackhawks/fans did was try to jack the name "madhouse on madison" like they're the man now, dog, cuz you know.... yeah that 90s bulls things pales in comparison to what the hawks did every other year for a good 5-6 years. mm-hmm.

and oh yeah, while patrick kane was getting set up for rape paydays michael jordan was getting set up by referees who'd toss a fine-enough-chick a hotel key only saying "wanna meet michael?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
I agree with Goff's dislike of The Hawks but for different reasons. For him it's a racial thing - as everything seen through his eyes goes thru a black vs. white filter. I don't like them because as a WGN listener having to hear all the on air personalities sport their fake boners for the Hawks any chance they get, listening to Conn talk to Troy Murray (fucking boring) or having Hawks news lead off all the sports updates - really? The fucking Hawks? Who gives a shit! I actually find it insulting when a Hawks story comes before a Cubs story because they're trying to push a product most of Chicago doesn't care about when they should be trying to give listeners sports news in a logical order - Cubs first!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:10 pm 

Don't the Hawks get better tv ratings? If so, are they not quite the niche that B&G make them out to be?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:16 pm 

VI wrote:
Don't the Hawks get better tv ratings? If so, are they not quite the niche that B&G make them out to be?

They do, yes. And whatever the Bulls' popularity is in Chicago these days, it doesn't have much to do with Dan's indulgent drivel about double-swoop pivot-option screen-drive plays. That's for himself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

This is what Goff said today.

"If you don't like basketball, just admit it's because you don't like brothers making a lot of money."

He really disturbed. That's the only reason that you could possibly hat basketball? Because you're racist?

So Dan McNeil and Jay Zawawski are racist in his mind.

Does Goff's rule apply to himself on the opposite end? As to why Goff hates hockey. Is he racist because they are mostly crackers? Of course not. Not in Goff's mind.

Like I said, Goff's racism and stupidity amazes me. People at the SCORE know it. Bernstein knows it for the love of God. But Goff has the "You're a racist" thing over everybody. Not just listeners. But everybody at the SCORE. Including Mitch. So they're scared of him.

Both Larry and Goff have figured out that they can use this to keep their jobs. It's disgusting. Atlanta didn't fall for it from Goff.

But like I've always said, the SCORE is a unique and different radio station. Bernstein set this culture. Larry and Goff figured out they can ride Bernstein to never get fired. Even though they are dumb asses.

Goff thinks about race 24/7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:10 pm 

And you think about goff 24/7

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I was excited when Goff returned but now I turn the dial whenever I hear him on. He is completely insufferable these days. My WI station was on commercial so I went over to the score to see if maybe they were talking cubs.... I tuned in long enough to hear Goff talk about all his "hawks people" and his bitching about Kane doing the hockey is for everyone thing. Once I heard him and his partner bring up tommy wingels I turned to silence.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I was excited when Goff returned but now I turn the dial whenever I hear him on. He is completely insufferable these days. My WI station was on commercial so I went over to the score to see if maybe they were talking cubs.... I tuned in long enough to hear Goff talk about all his "hawks people" and his bitching about Kane doing the hockey is for everyone thing. Once I heard him and his partner bring up tommy wingels I turned to silence.

Goff never bitched about advertisors using Kobe Bryant after his rape. It was the same as Kane. Only difference is that Kane was never charged. Never had to make a pay out like Kobe.

So why wasn't Kobe "Bad Optics" for national Nike ads in Goff's mind? Yet it's bad optics for Kane for this thing he's doing?

Same with Rose. Bernstein mentions Rose's rape. Goff doesn't. Goff gushes over Rose.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:25 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

I am a step further along in that I won't even turn the Score on between 1 and 6 unless I've heard that Goff is absent. It is either a podcast, AM 1000, or music.

Last edited by DAC on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I’m pretty sure Kane has moved more souls than Goff could in a hundred lifetimes .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I’m pretty sure Kane has moved more souls than Goff could in a hundred lifetimes .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
And whatever the Bulls' popularity is in Chicago these days, it doesn't have much to do with Dan's indulgent drivel about double-swoop pivot-option screen-drive plays. That's for himself.

The VAST majority of fans don't give a fuck about the technicalities or process. They just want to see some guy on the opposing team get "posterized". At one time I loved basketball and watched it constantly and read everything I could my hands on that had anything to do with the game.

It made me laugh when people would talk about the "triangle offense" during the Bulls run. The triangle offense is bullshit and it has never worked except when the fucking thing broke down and Michael Jordan screamed, "Give me the fucking ball and get out of my way!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:02 am 

Yeah, the deepest most fans get on actual strategy is "run more shotgun" or "shoot more on power plays."