It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 50  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Great draft. Okogie and Bates-Diop (what a great 2nd round pick) are players the team needs. I was hoping Troy Brown would be there at 20, but am very happy with what ended up happening.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:27 pm 

IMU wrote:
Great draft. Okogie and Bates-Diop (what a great 2nd round pick) are players the team needs. I was hoping Troy Brown would be there at 20, but am very happy with what ended up happening.

Neither one of them will play for the first 2 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:13 am 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Then I expect them both to become Jimmy Butler by year 3.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:23 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Then I expect them both to become Jimmy Butler by year 3.

Only if they get name changes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:37 pm 

Why is the handle censored?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:39 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:40 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:40 pm 

IMU wrote:
Why is the handle censored?

I have no idea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:07 pm 

Quote:
Report: Jimmy Butler 'Fed Up' with 'Nonchalant' Timberwolves, Karl-Anthony Towns
MIKE CHIARI
JULY 3, 2018

All-Star shooting guard Jimmy Butler reportedly has "no intentions" of signing a contract extension with the Minnesota Timberwolves, due to issues with his teammates.

According to Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times, Butler is "all but fed up with the nonchalant attitude of his younger teammates," specifically center Karl-Anthony Towns.

Butler has one year remaining on his contract before he can decline his player option and become a free agent in 2019.

The 28-year-old Butler was traded to the T'Wolves last offseason after spending the first six seasons of his career with the Chicago Bulls.

Butler performed well in his first season with the Timberwolves, as he averaged 22.2 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.9 assists and 2.0 steals per game.

He also helped lead them to their first playoff berth since 2003-04.

Despite Butler aiding in Minnesota's turnaround, Cowley reported that he has plans for the future that don't include the T'Wolves.

Butler and Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving reportedly have interest in joining forces in the Eastern Conference.

Like Butler, Irving can become a free agent after the 2018-19 campaign.

Butler has played playoff basketball in six of his seven NBA seasons, but he has never advanced past the second round.

The T'Wolves are brimming with young talent in the form of Towns and Andrew Wiggins, but they barely made the playoffs in 2017-18 as the No. 8 seed.

With the West getting even better due to LeBron James' decision to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers, Minnesota's future may not be as bright as initially thought.

If Butler decides to opt out and leave after next season, a reshuffling of the roster around Towns could be in order.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:11 pm 

Kyrie and Butler to Chicago next year with Markk and Carter

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
RFDC wrote:

Kyrie was interested in going to the Bulls with Butler last summer but David Griffin wanted Butler back in a deal. Now this can actually happen.

The only contract they have on the books next year (2019-2020) is Felicio for $8 million. They’ll sure as hell use the early termination option for Omer’s contract and then pick up team options for Dunn, Markkanen, and Valentine. That’s 4 players on the roster totaling $22 million. That’s fucking it.

Projected salary cap for the 2019-2020 season is $109 million. Even if the Bulls sign LaVine for $20 million this summer, that’s $67 million left. Kyrie and Butler would each be eligible for $33 million a year max. It definitely can be done. GarPax have to do what the Lakers have been doing and sign guys to 1 year deals this month. They can’t dick around.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:41 pm 

RFDC wrote:

This is what I'm hearing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:11 pm 

Didn't Butler punk out Hoball at every opportunity?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:30 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Quote:
Report: Jimmy Butler 'Fed Up' with 'Nonchalant' Timberwolves, Karl-Anthony Towns
MIKE CHIARI
JULY 3, 2018

All-Star shooting guard Jimmy Butler reportedly has "no intentions" of signing a contract extension with the Minnesota Timberwolves, due to issues with his teammates.

According to Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times, Butler is "all but fed up with the nonchalant attitude of his younger teammates," specifically center Karl-Anthony Towns.

Butler has one year remaining on his contract before he can decline his player option and become a free agent in 2019.

The 28-year-old Butler was traded to the T'Wolves last offseason after spending the first six seasons of his career with the Chicago Bulls.

Butler performed well in his first season with the Timberwolves, as he averaged 22.2 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.9 assists and 2.0 steals per game.

He also helped lead them to their first playoff berth since 2003-04.

Despite Butler aiding in Minnesota's turnaround, Cowley reported that he has plans for the future that don't include the T'Wolves.

Butler and Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving reportedly have interest in joining forces in the Eastern Conference.

Like Butler, Irving can become a free agent after the 2018-19 campaign.

Butler has played playoff basketball in six of his seven NBA seasons, but he has never advanced past the second round.

The T'Wolves are brimming with young talent in the form of Towns and Andrew Wiggins, but they barely made the playoffs in 2017-18 as the No. 8 seed.

With the West getting even better due to LeBron James' decision to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers, Minnesota's future may not be as bright as initially thought.

If Butler decides to opt out and leave after next season, a reshuffling of the roster around Towns could be in order.

Knew it wouldn't be long before he started up with this bullshit about guys not trying hard etc etc. Once again it is Joe Crowley that is used as the mouthpiece for expressing Butler's "displeasure". I hope the Bulls don't attempt to resign him. James Harden showed him what a true superstar type guy is supposed to look like. If Butler brings his ass back it will be the same old shit.

He is mad because Towns is the undisputed future of the franchise and everyone knows it. It is the same shit that he did with Rose. Know Rose was injured and whatever but at his best he was a better player than Butler and that bothered Butler.

If they bring Irving and Butler it won't be long before Butler is bothered by Irving also. Butler is all about Butler and the fact of the matter is that with him as the guy teams never go anywhere. Get the fuck on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
RFDC wrote:

this will NEVER happen

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:36 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
RFDC wrote:

this will NEVER happen

NBA is too crazy for something like this not to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:44 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
RFDC wrote:

this will NEVER happen

Probably....

But for the sake of discussion assuming they want to play together in the East. What teams other than the Bulls could make that happen?

Not going to be Boston, Cleveland, or Philly.

I can't see the Pacers being in on that. Toronto or New York?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:41 am 

Max contract for a player who’s played 7 to 9 years gets $33 million = 30% of the projected $109 million cap.

Philadelphia could come very close to offering 2 max deals to Kyrie and Butler ($29.5 million each). They’d have to decline team options for Fultz and a couple other scrubs.

No way the Celtics could do it. $63 million tied up between Horford and Hayward, then they have to pick up options on Brown and Tatum, totaling $78 million in salary.

Indiana could definitely make it happen. Only Oladipo and McDerrmott are tied up = $28.3 million. They’ll pick up Sabonis’ $3.5 million option and still have $77 million to spend.

Milwaukee would have to get creative. Giannis is on the books for $26 million plus Ilyasova’s $7 million = $33 million. They’d have to find a way to trade 2 of Henson, Dellavedova, and Snell sometime this season for expiring deal(s). Their contracts aren’t up until after the 2019-2020 season. Maybe some teams bite because their salaries are cheap ($9 million to $11 million).

There’s no way the Knicks will be able to get rid of Tim Hardaway’s $18 million a year salary through the 2020-2021 season. They can buyout Noah but whatever amount they pay him to leave will still count against their cap through the ‘19-‘20 season. My guess is that Noah will want very close to all of that $38 million. Plus, they have to resign Porzingis to a big deal. New York can sign 1 max and 1 max only.

Lowry, DeRozan, and Ibaka are making too much bad money for the Raptors to be players in free agency.

Nets: You can bet your ass Allen Crabbe’s picking up his 2019-2020 $18.5 million player option! He and Deron Williams = $24 million. $85 million left over is more than enough for 2 max contracts.

Finally, Chicago. Felicio would be the only player under contract. Assuming they pick up options for Markannen, Dunn, and Valentine — Bulls would have $87 million to spend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:42 am 

Charlotte?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:54 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Charlotte?

One max if Kemba doesn’t resign...but then what’s the point?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:10 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Max contract for a player who’s played 7 to 9 years gets $33 million = 30% of the projected $109 million cap.

Philadelphia could come very close to offering 2 max deals to Kyrie and Butler ($29.5 million each). They’d have to decline team options for Fultz and a couple other scrubs.

No way the Celtics could do it. $63 million tied up between Horford and Hayward, then they have to pick up options on Brown and Tatum, totaling $78 million in salary.

Indiana could definitely make it happen. Only Oladipo and McDerrmott are tied up = $28.3 million. They’ll pick up Sabonis’ $3.5 million option and still have $77 million to spend.

Milwaukee would have to get creative. Giannis is on the books for $26 million plus Ilyasova’s $7 million = $33 million. They’d have to find a way to trade 2 of Henson, Dellavedova, and Snell sometime this season for expiring deal(s). Their contracts aren’t up until after the 2019-2020 season. Maybe some teams bite because their salaries are cheap ($9 million to $11 million).

There’s no way the Knicks will be able to get rid of Tim Hardaway’s $18 million a year salary through the 2020-2021 season. They can buyout Noah but whatever amount they pay him to leave will still count against their cap through the ‘19-‘20 season. My guess is that Noah will want very close to all of that $38 million. Plus, they have to resign Porzingis to a big deal. New York can sign 1 max and 1 max only.

Lowry, DeRozan, and Ibaka are making too much bad money for the Raptors to be players in free agency.

Nets: You can bet your ass Allen Crabbe’s picking up his 2019-2020 $18.5 million player option! He and Deron Williams = $24 million. $85 million left over is more than enough for 2 max contracts.

Finally, Chicago. Felicio would be the only player under contract. Assuming they pick up options for Markannen, Dunn, and Valentine — Bulls would have $87 million to spend

Boston didn't want Butler when they could have had Butler. Irving is an idiot if his ultimate goal is playing with Jimmy Butler. Boston is set up to win and win big for the next four or 5 years. Ainge knows what he is doing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:12 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

Philly could do it, but they have their eyes on other prizes. Plus why would they go after Kyrie when they have Simmons? So I dont see them as a real option for both of them.

That leaves the Nets, the Pacers, and the Bulls. I would like the Bulls chances.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I love KG

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

This is going great...

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Of course Jimmy was right. We all recognized that. He just went about it the wrong way.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:27 am 

This whole thing isn't going to end well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:33 pm 

Derrick Rose 50 points wtf?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:36 pm 

Pretty cool all his teammates are hugging him after the win. Dude is in tears. Prolly thought he could never put up those numbers again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Online Minnesota fans are probably mad that Jones didn't play and are worried this kind of performance might limit his minutes to a guy with the stench of Thibodeau. They'll also point out that Rubio had a nearly as impressive 5-5-2 and his defense on Rose should not be overlooked.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 50  Next