It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 399 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stormwatch 2018
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:32 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
tommy wrote:
Not that bad around here, but it made me laugh to see CPS students try to convince the CPS to cancel school:

It does kinda suck fighting through all of the snow knowing that the suburbs will have clear roads when they take their kids to school tomorrow. Chicago is just tougher.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Most schools closed in SE Wisconsin today. I didn't think it was that bad but oh well. MANY people missing from work today.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
ithersvsomkts

The snow turned you Swedish, nice.

Great grandpa John Johnson who immigrated to Wisconsin would be so pleased.

My name is Yon Yonson,
I live in Wisconsin,
I work in a lumber mill there.
When people I meet
when I'm walking down the street
ask me my name, I say,
"My name is Yon Yonson . . ."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
It was quite a chore moving all the snow from the Pulte Estates. Mission complete. Work has a late start today for us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
tommy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
ithersvsomkts

The snow turned you Swedish, nice.

Great grandpa John Johnson who immigrated to Wisconsin would be so pleased.

My name is Yon Yonson,
I live in Wisconsin,
I work in a lumber mill there.
When people I meet
when I'm walking down the street
ask me my name, I say,
"My name is Yon Yonson . . ."

Exactly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Looks like 2 or 3 inches up here in Subaru country. Liberal elites win again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I'm often surprised at how poorly Golf Rd. is plowed between Schaumburg and Mt. Prospect. Parts of it are clear but a good portion of it has either one lane impassable and in some parts both lanes are impassable, requiring to drive on the median. The intersection of Golf and Roselle was backed up because the right turn lane had not been plowed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:12 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
I'm often surprised at how poorly Golf Rd. is plowed between Schaumburg and Mt. Prospect. Parts of it are clear but a good portion of it has either one lane impassable and in some parts both lanes are impassable, requiring to drive on the median. The intersection of Golf and Roselle was backed up because the right turn lane had not been plowed.

That's a state route, should be plowed by state equipment all the way through, like Lake street. You see this a lot with county roads that cross borders or main streets that fall under various municipalities

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:03 pm 

Apparently the township plow truck is stuck somewhere not sure where the road grader is. The best part is under all the snow there is about 2 inches of mud if you wander off the road.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
If the temps had dropped earlier in Edgewater (around 7pm) it would have been real bad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
we got a solid 15" out here in the far west, it was some of the hardest snowfall i have ever seen for a couple hours there late last night. It was a chore shoveling it all this morning, super heavy. Some of my bushes needed to be uncovered this morning, I was afraid they might split apart. From say 8pm to midnight was a pretty impressive winter display between the snowfall and the heavy wind, and the thunder and lightening mixed in made for a wild night.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Power went out last night about 8:45 and didn't come back on until 3am. So fortunate it did not get that cold.

However the snow (guessing 6") was the heaviest I can recall. The snowblower had a heck of a time with it. And I think I lost a few Arborvitae in the back yard which we use as screening from our neighbors. At lease one is laying flat on its back :( :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
About 4" on the grass here in Orland, a little less on the streets and driveways. The wind was absolutely crazy. There are several tree limbs and MANY branches down all over the place. One of them took out a string of decorative lights I have over a patio. Our lights only flickered and we never really lost power.

The noise was incredible. It sounded like there was a whole pack of raccoons running around on my roof all night long. Kept me up most of the night. I can't imagine how driving or road conditions would have been in the open and rural areas. It had to have been a nightmare to try and get around.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Woke up to a big ass fucking tree branch in my driveway this morning. Had the foresight to not park the car under it last night.

Route 59 in Warrenville was closed at 10 this morning.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
SpiralStairs wrote:
Woke up to a big ass fucking tree branch in my driveway this morning. Had the foresight to not park the car under it last night.

I use to live off that intersection. It's pretty big now. Any idea what closed it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:06 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I use to live off that intersection. It's pretty big now. Any idea what closed it?

Roads looked like absolute shit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Power was out all night and when I left for work this morning. Hoping it's back on when I get home.

I just cleared about 3 acres of snow and slush at my office in Mt Prospect. I used a Bobcat with a 6' bucket. The Bobcat is open air, no plexiglass or heat. I was wearing a sweatshirt, dress pants, baseball cap and open fingered cycling gloves. Took about 2 1/2 hours. I was so stiff, I could barely get out of the machine. I'm still pretty chilled 30 minutes later. I need to find my Carhartt.

There was a good 6" on top of about 2" of slush. It probably snowed 12" to leave that much.

Last edited by GoldenJet on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:58 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
Power was out all night and when I left for work this morning. Hoping it's back on when I get home.

I just cleared about 3 acres of snow and slush at my office in Mt Prospect. I used a Bobcat with a 6' bucket. The Bobcat is open air, no plexiglass or heat. I was wearing a sweatshirt, dress pants, baseball cap and open fingered cycling gloves. Took about 2 1/2 hours. I was so stiff, I could barely get out of the machine. I'm still pretty chilled 30 minutes later. I need to find my Carhartt.

The fuck kind of operation you got running over there?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:04 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:

There was a good 6" on top of about 2" of slush. It probably snowed 12" to leave that much.

I suspect a Thot or two could help you out with that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:04 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I had almost completely healed from a cracked rib from a while back. That healing job is over now after shoveling those hunks of ice.

My ribs hurt like hell.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
SpiralStairs wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

The fuck kind of operation you got running over there?

I'm a builder/developer who is involved in a startup business venture that hasn't turned the corner to profitability just yet. So, the guy with the Bobcat gets to plow!

There was virtually no snow on the streets or sidewalks around here, but all the f-ing rain left nice layers of ice under the few inches of snow that stuck to my deck & car.

City for the win!

Last edited by Regular Reader on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoldenJet wrote:

We traded in our old skid steer for a new to us one. Tracks, heat, AC, a door (our old one had heat but the door was busted), pilot controls and a suspended seat. Has a radio but it works for shit. It was god damn luxury in there except I had to turn the a/c on to knock the humidity out of the air in the cab.

Got home after feeding cows and the township needs me to pull out their driver. As I’m pulling him out of ditch his phone rings and the damn road grader is stuck. Someone else got that job. I pretty much buried my tractor trying to get to the cattle on the road. Ended up going cross country so I can drive around drifts. Oh well.... sure is pretty and quiet out there.

Last edited by Drunk Squirrel on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:11 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
We traded in are skid for a new to us. Tracks, heat, AC, a door (our old one had heat but the door was busted), pilot controls and a suspended seat. Has a radio but I works for shit. It was god damn ,usury in there except had to turn; the a/c on to knock the humidity out of it.

This probably sounds better in the original Norweigan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:13 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
We traded in are skid for a new to us. Tracks, heat, AC, a door (our old one had heat but the door was busted), pilot controls and a suspended seat. Has a radio but I works for shit. It was god damn ,usury in there except had to turn; the a/c on to knock the humidity out of it.

I've noted that the snow has severely impacted Drunk S' grammar.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:22 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Can’t feel fingers from being in cold so that’s not conducive to touch screen phone. It’s also possible I might of had a stroke so I should probably seek an MRI. In addition, I can’t type worth anything.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:27 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Can’t feel fingers from being in cold so that’s not conducive to touch screen phone. It’s also possible I might of had a stroke so I should probably seek an MRI. In addition, I can’t type worth anything.

Okey, i unnerstands al thet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:29 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Okey, i unnerstands al thet.

Now why in the world did I just read that and hear it in Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat's voice? :lol: :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The wife went back to work today, so I took the day off.to take care of the little guy. Won't be able to get out to shovel until 6 or 7. No idea if I'll even be able to move any of this snow/ice at that point.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Immigrant Caravan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 399 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next