It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2019-20 Season
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Don't forget about Drake. He is pretty much responsible for both of the cat's goals tonight. He busted his ass getting pucks along the boards and he also screened the shit out of Smith on both those goals. He has been a beast the last few weeks. I love all the puck movement. It beats the hell out of being turnover prone statues. Slater and Matta are still a total shit show that they are somehow overcoming. Dach is not showing up in the stat lines but I like what I see from him. He is drawing 2 guys on the boards, maintaining possession with his long reach, taking on contact but deflecting it instead of absorbing it and he is also showing flashes here and there with his skating and puck handling. I think it was one of the recent games after an EN goal put the game away that he took one coast to coast with a few smooth moves.

Always a pleasure to see Smith pulled form the game and then throw a tantrum on his walk to the dressing room.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:54 am 

pizza_Place: Favorite Pizza Place
Tonight was the first decent game our defense has played in quite a while, and I stress the word DECENT. 4 wins in a row and Crawford has started all 4. If Crawford can stay somewhat consistent, I think we have shot at getting the 8th seed. Only 7 points separating the 6th and 12th seeds right now.... going to be a close finish. Funny how this 4 game win streak comes as soon as we trade Lehner. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Don't forget about Drake. He is pretty much responsible for both of the cat's goals tonight. He busted his ass getting pucks along the boards and he also screened the shit out of Smith on both those goals. He has been a beast the last few weeks. I love all the puck movement. It beats the hell out of being turnover prone statues. Slater and Matta are still a total shit show that they are somehow overcoming. Dach is not showing up in the stat lines but I like what I see from him. He is drawing 2 guys on the boards, maintaining possession with his long reach, taking on contact but deflecting it instead of absorbing it and he is also showing flashes here and there with his skating and puck handling. I think it was one of the recent games after an EN goal put the game away that he took one coast to coast with a few smooth moves.

Always a pleasure to see Smith pulled form the game and then throw a tantrum on his walk to the dressing room.

Dach with some fancy skating the other day.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
There’s some fun young players on this team. That second period last night was exactly how they have to play. They were getting after it in the offensive zone.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:42 am 

denisdman wrote:
There’s some fun young players on this team. That second period last night was exactly how they have to play. They were getting after it in the offensive zone.

It is literally a complete coincidence, but trading Lehner has been the best thing we have done all year.... 4 wins in a row, 4 starts in a row for Crawford ever since the trade. Almost like Crawford re-claimed his crown after the trade, boosted his confidence and the entire team.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
PortageP_Chi wrote:
denisdman wrote:

It is literally a complete coincidence, but trading Lehner has been the best thing we have done all year.... 4 wins in a row, 4 starts in a row for Crawford ever since the trade. Almost like Crawford re-claimed his crown after the trade, boosted his confidence and the entire team.

All goalies are head cases. The littlest things can make huge differences.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:12 am 

pittmike wrote:
PortageP_Chi wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Just hope he can keep this up for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Very fun hockey the past 4 games. Only negative is that smarmy little twat Colliton gets to stay.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:51 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Very fun hockey the past 4 games. Only negative is that smarmy little twat Colliton gets to stay.

These last few weeks are going to be very fun. Only 4 points out of a playoff spot right now. 7 points separates 6th through 12th seed right now. I don’t recall a time where it has been this late in the season, and the 12th seed was only 4 points out of a playoff spot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:55 am 

PortageP_Chi wrote:
pittmike wrote:
PortageP_Chi wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Just hope he can keep this up for the rest of the season.

The thing is he wouldn't have any of these problems if that fucking pussy asshole Malkin didn't run him a few years ago in the net and hit his head. I was at that game close and saw it all. That year started the downfall first round exit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
That, and the cocaine habit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:07 am 

IMU wrote:
That, and the cocaine habit.

Well I will buy that when either you or Bernsie gets the confirmed story. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:11 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Pathetic loss to the worst team in the league.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:14 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Pathetic loss to the worst team in the league.

Definitely not our worst game of the year. I think we played decent. Bernier was abnormally good tonight for Detroit, made some huge saves. Jets won tonight, so this loss pushes us even further away from a playoff spot.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:22 am 

3rd game in 4 nights. They should have let the team sleep in their own beds and head out in the morning, rather than take a 3am charter.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:28 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
3rd game in 4 nights. They should have let the team sleep in their own beds and head out in the morning, rather than take a 3am charter.

Yeah, its also like Crawford's 7-8th start in a row. He is playing really well, but he needs a game off.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
It is beyond pathetic and embarrassing that Crow has had to take care of his own shit the last 2 nights. There is no reason he needs to be the one dropping guys who are making contact with him. I enjoyed the hell out of the 4 game win streak but the one thing that scared me was their lack of physicality and they have proven again tonight that they have no balls and give zero fucks about eachother. Dach seems like the only one now who has had enough and wants to bust somebody's ass....even though he can not with his 19 yr old frame. Nylander needs to sit. Brutal tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:09 pm 

This made me tear up a little. These folks sit right by some friends of mine. We ran into them at dinner a couple years ago. Such nice people.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:11 pm 

watching this team get their ass handed to them all year by the Blues is pathetic.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:17 am 

That was literally Crawfords 9th start in a row. Are we not going to give Subban any starts at all?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:44 am 

Our chances of making the playoffs are VERY low at this point, but I think its safe to say that starting tonight, every game is an absolute must win. If we lose tonight, our season is completely done.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:16 am 

Went to the game last night. Kane played his best game of the year. He was ALL over the ice, had like 11 SOGs...scored twice. Crawford was outstanding. You can tell we are definitely playing in desperation mode right now. Jets won last night too, which almost nullifies our win. Definitely need Minnesota and Nashville to lose tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Rocky Wirtz announced via Scott Powers in the Athletic that the entire front office and Colliton will be returning next season. So it'll be another non-playoff year with a pick in the 7-13 range. So the Hawks are in NHL hell.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Watch the 2010 playoffs. :drunken: Kane looks 12 and it's great seeing hossa.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Rico's Lansing, IL
Hossa was a beast!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:17 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
fab4fan wrote:
Hossa was a beast!!!

One of the best of all time.

When you think about the players who lost the most, statistically speaking, from the 2004-05 lockout, you think of Jarome Iginla, Danny Alfredsson, the Big 3 from the '04 Bolts, maybe Sundin and Forsberg, but more than anyone, Marian Hossa, who was in his absolute prime with Ottawa before and Atlanta after, and just had a whole year of what surely would have been dominance completely lost to time. And we got him at the end of his career and he was still the second or third most important player on three championship teams. What a guy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
fab4fan wrote:
Hossa was a beast!!!

When you think about the players who lost the most, statistically speaking, from the 2004-05 lockout, you think of Jarome Iginla, Danny Alfredsson, the Big 3 from the '04 Bolts, maybe Sundin and Forsberg, but more than anyone, Marian Hossa, who was in his absolute prime with Ottawa before and Atlanta after, and just had a whole year of what surely would have been dominance completely lost to time. And we got him at the end of his career and he was still the second or third most important player on three championship teams. What a guy.

He was so strong with the puck.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:31 am 

denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
fab4fan wrote:
Hossa was a beast!!!

Agree with all of your statements except the first. One of the best of all time? That is a bit of an overstatement.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Hot take- the Wings are closer to a Cup than the Blackhawks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:45 pm 

PortageP_Chi wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
fab4fan wrote:
Hossa was a beast!!!

Agree with all of your statements except the first. One of the best of all time? That is a bit of an overstatement.

Definitely an all time puck possession, two-way player. His time in the league, who was better?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next