It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
HawaiiYou wrote:
How do these assholes not have a game on Jackie Robinson day!
Because the Ricketts are racist.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
So far this year, both Nico Hoerner and this Marisnick (7 & 8 hitters) have a higher .OPS than Baez, Contreras, and Rizzo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Crick Ramp wrote:
312player wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
They will contend asshole, it hasn't even been a week.

Zach Davies, Jake , Azolay ? Contend for what ? Realistically at best that’s 2 .500 pitchers and someone with what , 10 career starts and has been awful ? Trevor Williams going to get it done ?

Pitching hasn't been a problem

Wait til the dog days my friend. When nagging injuries and repeated viewings from the opposition rear their ugly head

Damn I was spot on

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Crick Ramp wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
312player wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Zach Davies, Jake , Azolay ? Contend for what ? Realistically at best that’s 2 .500 pitchers and someone with what , 10 career starts and has been awful ? Trevor Williams going to get it done ?

Wait til the dog days my friend. When nagging injuries and repeated viewings from the opposition rear their ugly head

Damn I was spot on

Yeah, was hoping for 86 wins and win a division, no chance at that..Milwaukee will cruise to a title and no chance at a WC.. blow it all up. You can sign free agents in the off-season as soon as this money is gone. I don't want Baez here, KB, Rizzo..move em all. We should get some good prospects back if our scouts know wtf they're doing. Hendricks gone too, Kimbrel should get us back something nice. I'd keep Contreras and move everybody else.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:57 am 

312player wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
312player wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Damn I was spot on

Yeah, was hoping for 86 wins and win a division, no chance at that..Milwaukee will cruise to a title and no chance at a WC.. blow it all up. You can sign free agents in the off-season as soon as this money is gone. I don't want Baez here, KB, Rizzo..move em all. We should get some good prospects back if our scouts know wtf they're doing. Hendricks gone too, Kimbrel should get us back something nice. I'd keep Contreras and move everybody else.

I am in lock step with those thoughts.

I will readily admit that I have a soft spot for Rizzo….but…only at the right price. And the soft spot isn’t just cuz he helped win a WS or is a de facto Captain but because he gives great at bats and has mastered the b hack relative to other hitters in the modern game and I think he’d have value with young players beyond his stat line. But if he’s intent on testing FA and getting max value for himself then so be it. Flip him too.

I don’t think Jed has the green light from ownership to literally execute a true fire sale by the deadline because fucking Marquee needs viewers. But if it was up to me. Flip em all. Tank in 2022. And sign some impact FA in 2023 to go with your young assets in the pipeline

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Frank Coztansa wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
How do these assholes not have a game on Jackie Robinson day!
Because the Ricketts are racist.

Frank, at least the Ricketts don't go around dating 17 year old girls when they're in their 70's like your hero does! #JimmyPageIsAPedophile #FrankSupportsPedophiles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I don’t think Hoyer wants Rizzo due to the vaccine refusal, constant back issues, and decreased production.

Baez can’t be given a massive deal. He doesn’t listen to anyone now…imagine his attitude if given a boatload of guaranteed money.

Would KB even want to sign, given his service time issue as a rookie and Boras as his agent? Not to mention these guys would be looking at the team going through a rebuild. Hoyer would have to overpay.

But hey, we’ve got two more years of Heyward!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
$200 if they go over 72 wins... seemed like a lock 2 weeks ago

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:07 am 

312player wrote:

why is Contreras the one you would keep?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:52 am 

RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:

why is Contreras the one you would keep?

Love his attitude and leadership, he'll age well and plays multi positions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:26 am 

Sounds like the calls are starting to come in and players will be leaving soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I think Cub fans are going to be disappointed by the haul these bums bring them. It's not like any of these players are having good seasons. Most of these guys with expiring contracts are downgrades from what buyers have already.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The Score is pounding Jed Hoyer's "transparency". Speigel gushed yesterday. On 5 @ 5 his "transparency" was mentioned 5 times. Haugh loves he's "candid". Dustin Rhodes proclaimed, " I have complete faith in Jed Hoyer." Seemed very rehersed and coached up. Wasn't Hoyer the GM during the demise? Hung on to the impending free agents too long until their value dwindled for trades?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:59 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
The Score is pounding Jed Hoyer's "transparency". Speigel gushed yesterday. On 5 @ 5 his "transparency" was mentioned 5 times. Haugh loves he's "candid". Dustin Rhodes proclaimed, " I have complete faith in Jed Hoyer." Seemed very rehersed and coached up. Wasn't Hoyer the GM during the demise? Hung on to the impending free agents too long until their value dwindled for trades?

and his previous job as a GM, unattached to Theo, was in San Diego, before they were good

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:06 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:

Jed didn’t have final decision making power dude

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:26 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Jed didn’t have final decision making power dude

He didn't go into the bank to rob it, but he drove the getaway car.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:07 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I think Cub fans are going to be disappointed by the haul these bums bring them. It's not like any of these players are having good seasons. Most of these guys with expiring contracts are downgrades from what buyers have already.

Agree with ya on KB, Rizzo and Baez..I just want em gone.. I think we'll do good on Kimbel and Hendricks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I am not a huge Contreras fan but I love hearing him call out Rizzo for being a horse shit leader and for constantly sitting out. Bryant was also included in those comments I would assume. He played yesterday but he comes out of about 1 game per weak with some kind of day to day crap.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:30 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

Transparency is one of those corporate buzz words that a lot of sports yakkers, especially on the Score, like to throw around. I remember Parkins once said one of the reasons the Cubs rebuild was successful was that they were transparent. Not that they won the world series, it was important that they were transparent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I am not a huge Contreras fan but I love hearing him call out Rizzo for being a horse shit leader and for constantly sitting out. Bryant was also included in those comments I would assume. He played yesterday but he comes out of about 1 game per weak with some kind of day to day crap.

I missed this. When did he pop off ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
The Sunday rain cancellation was pretty fucking weak. That game could have easily been played with minimal interruptions.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: John's
What is with this notion in Cubbie land that Jed Hoyer will be a capable Team President(GM/head honcho)? If I recall, the was destroying the Padres as the main guy before Theo summoned him to the North Side. What did he do in his role as Theo's secretary? It seems crazy he was given the keys to the franchise, no questions asked.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:00 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
What is with this notion in Cubbie land that Jed Hoyer will be a capable Team President(GM/head honcho)? If I recall, the was destroying the Padres as the main guy before Theo summoned him to the North Side. What did he do in his role as Theo's secretary? It seems crazy he was given the keys to the franchise, no questions asked.

I never had any faith in him, I'll give him a chance though..dump these chumps and keep only Willson..get back young future starters.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
badrogue17 wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

I missed this. When did he pop off ?

After Saturday’s shutout. He basically said he and Baez were the only ones playing hard.

It’s kind of ridiculous to for him to include Baez, but I can see Baez confiding frustration to Contreras regarding his benching the other day when he forgot how many outs there were. I believe it was the same game Rizzo got picked off twice and didn’t get pulled. Maybe they think there is a double standard with Ross.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:32 pm 

The Score has elevated Jed Hoyer to baseball god just like it did with Theo.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Theo actually had a resume though...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
enigma wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Transparency is one of those corporate buzz words that a lot of sports yakkers, especially on the Score, like to throw around. I remember Parkins once said one of the reasons the Cubs rebuild was successful was that they were transparent. Not that they won the world series, it was important that they were transparent

Who goes to the Score for baseball thoughts, or for any sports thoughts...used to get more honest stuff from Uncle Terry and even that goof Murph, at least the hosts were not afraid to have differing opinions.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:19 am 

David Haugh today talking about Jed Hoyer.

The President (Hoyer) was pretty public, open, and transparent about where they (Cubs) were. We applauded that. It great to hear how honest he was about where the Cubs are.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:30 am 

312player wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Agree with ya on KB, Rizzo and Baez..I just want em gone.. I think we'll do good on Kimbel and Hendricks

KB is 13th in the NL in OPS, by any measure that certainly qualifies as having a "good season".

He most certainly makes sense, and is an upgrade, for a team like the Giants. He plays 3b until Longoria comes back and then rotates between 1b and LF after that.

I don't think any Cubs fans are expecting the Padres to send over MacKenzie Gore and CJ Abrams for Rizzo, but to act like the Cubs are trading valueless guys and that contending teams don't have use for them is just ignorant of baseball.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: joes pizza
be patient

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next