It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2021 Offseason
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Taysom Hill would be the oldest starter on the Saints offense if he were to be the Saints starting QB. I don't think that's going to happen, absent Winston injury or implosion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Hussra wrote:
Taysom Hill would be the oldest starter on the Saints offense if he were to be the Saints starting QB. I don't think that's going to happen, absent Winston injury or implosion

Poor Reader.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:32 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Poor Reader.

Nah, I've been wanting them to get rid of Brees for three years now. And it's been five years since I saw the SAINTS have passes of 40+ yards in the air. Between that and the salary cap problems, I've been getting ready for this bad potentiality for years. And I'm genuinely interested in seeing what Payton and Winston have been working on for the last year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Sounds like everyone is pleased with the direction their teams are headed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Starting Jamies Winston would be a good way for the Saints to signal to the rest of the league they aren’t trying to compete this year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:31 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
Sounds like everyone is pleased with the direction their teams are headed.

You are? Just an outside observer here but your team is gonna be mediocre/bad until Gruden/Mayock are replaced it seems like. I do like Bryan Edwards and love Waller though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
You are? Just an outside observer here but your team is gonna be mediocre/bad until Gruden/Mayock are replaced it seems like. I do like Bryan Edwards and love Waller though.

Gruden was derelict in not getting rid of Guenther but I still like him as a play caller. With so many weapons I'll be very disappointed if the offense isn't top 5. The defense was historically bad last season and I've been very impressed with Bradley. The defense will be much better this season. The problem wasn't the players last year it was Guenther. He somehow managed to make Littleton look like he'd never played ball...in a way its impressive to be that inept.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:06 pm 

I think there’s close to a 0% chance the raiders have a top 5 offense this year but I love the optimism. Getting rid of Hudson and not adding any playmakers is likely gonna result a pretty bad year. I like the optimism though, I’m a glass half full guy myself with GB.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:51 am 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
I think there’s close to a 0% chance the raiders have a top 5 offense this year but I love the optimism. Getting rid of Hudson and not adding any playmakers is likely gonna result a pretty bad year. I like the optimism though, I’m a glass half full guy myself with GB.

They were 8th last season and 3rd in drive scoring % so top 5 should be fairly easy considering Ruggs, Edwards, and Renfrow should take another step with more experience. Also Moreau is fully healthy and will get his opportunities.

Kenyan Drake was the 2nd fastest man last season and had 10 TD's so I would consider him a playmaker. They were using him in the backfield with Jacobs in the Rams practice. He shifted out to the slot and the safety followed him out and they hit him up the sideline for a 40 yard TD. He will present a lot of problems for defenses. He will fill a lot of the role they had in mind with Bowden before he proved too slow to be useful.

You're a glass half full guy because of Rodgers... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:33 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
You're a glass half full guy because of Rodgers... :lol:

Packers have more or less been good my entire life. Hard not to be optimistic when it comes to them generally. Sox and the Bulls are a different story

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Broncos fans were happy they passed on Fields when Lock went off against the Vikings 3rd string then they got the Teddy bomb dropped on them yesterday. :lol:

I would rather they went with Lock as at some point in the game he's going to give it up but Broncos fans favored Lock 80% over Bridgewater so they aren't happy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:54 pm 

Drew Brees 2020 set all-time records for lowest air ypa and lowest 20+ yd pass attempts rate...with washed Brees the Saints went 12-4 and won a playoff round. Jameis 2021 has the benefit of a year working with the "QB whisperer." (Who calls Payton that, anyone? Besides, i thought that was gruden). So 13-4 and Saints play Packers in the NFC title game

Partly or hugely b/c of the weakness and distractions of/for most of the rest of the NFC.

NFC East? Cross em out now. None of those teams winning anything this season. NFC North outside of Rodgers / packers in the same leaky boat as the NFC east .

NFC West: Niners dont know who their QB will be this season. Russell Wilson Athletic wants out of Seattle. Rams have Matt "playoffs?!" Stafford. Nobody winning anything with Matt Stafford as their QB.

Bucs, Saints, Packers. Rodgers keeps flubbing the conference championship; Brady finally falls off and it's ugly; Brady's whole come-apart this season foreshadowed by Brady himself when he stumbled off that boat and had to be helped to the next stop. That was a retirement party for Brady. He knows he lucked out last season, lucked out a lot.

AFC:

Chiefs appear cooked for this season; plus, they lost a super bowl last season and teams coming off a super bowl loss rarely make the playoffs. let alone go on to the championship rounds. With NE also scheduled for another down year, AFC is relatively wide open for some team to leapfrog the front of the pack contenders and make it to the Super Bowl. OAK-LA-LV Raiders.

Raiders-Ravens
Packers-Saints

Raiders-Saints, Saints win, Jameis MVP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hussra wrote:
Drew Brees 2020 set all-time records for lowest air ypa and lowest 20+ yd pass attempts rate...with washed Brees the Saints went 12-4 and won a playoff round. Jameis 2021 has the benefit of a year working with the "QB whisperer." (Who calls Payton that, anyone? Besides, i thought that was gruden). So 13-4 and Saints play Packers in the NFC title game

Partly or hugely b/c of the weakness and distractions of/for most of the rest of the NFC.

NFC East? Cross em out now. None of those teams winning anything this season. NFC North outside of Rodgers / packers in the same leaky boat as the NFC east .

NFC West: Niners dont know who their QB will be this season. Russell Wilson Athletic wants out of Seattle. Rams have Matt "playoffs?!" Stafford. Nobody winning anything with Matt Stafford as their QB.

Bucs, Saints, Packers. Rodgers keeps flubbing the conference championship; Brady finally falls off and it's ugly; Brady's whole come-apart this season foreshadowed by Brady himself when he stumbled off that boat and had to be helped to the next stop. That was a retirement party for Brady. He knows he lucked out last season, lucked out a lot.

AFC:

Chiefs appear cooked for this season; plus, they lost a super bowl last season and teams coming off a super bowl loss rarely make the playoffs. let alone go on to the championship rounds. With NE also scheduled for another down year, AFC is relatively wide open for some team to leapfrog the front of the pack contenders and make it to the Super Bowl. OAK-LA-LV Raiders.

Raiders-Ravens
Packers-Saints

Somewhere in America, you just gave RR and WZ 5 hour erections.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:11 pm 

Saints part makes some sense, not sure about the Raiders side. Heard someone pick Raiders to make the Super Bowl on NFL Network and ran with it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sounds like a smart man whoever it was.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hussra wrote:
Saints part makes some sense, not sure about the Raiders side. Heard someone pick Raiders to make the Super Bowl on NFL Network and ran with it.

I liked the Raiders a lot last year and then they were mediocre. I wouldn't be surprised if they were really good, but I wouldn't want to bet against Mahomes or the Bills.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:25 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:

AFC:

Raiders-Ravens
Packers-Saints

Somewhere in America, you just gave RR and WZ 5 hour erections.

Nas, you know me better than to be an optimist when it comes to the Saints.

I think hussra’s internal chip forgot about the Bucs. Even if Brady somehow finds Father Time, that team is loaded and has all the toys Bruce Arians likes in an offense. And their defense is still going to be solid.

I do think the Saints will be watchable and possibly intriguing but no way do I put them in the playoff picture, especially not that deep.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:30 pm 

W_Z wrote:

I do think the Saints will be watchable and possibly intriguing but no way do I put them in the playoff picture, especially not that deep.

You don't think they will make the playoffs?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:07 pm 

You’re asking me? You’re the one saying Winston isn’t an NFL QB. They don’t have the defensive prowess to carry a team that far. The NFC isn’t great but there are probably some surprising teams that’ll make the playoffs. One of them could be the Saints but I don’t see it right now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:26 pm 

W_Z wrote:
You’re asking me? You’re the one saying Winston isn’t an NFL QB. They don’t have the defensive prowess to carry a team that far. The NFC isn’t great but there are probably some surprising teams that’ll make the playoffs. One of them could be the Saints but I don’t see it right now.

I think Winston is bad but the team is loaded on D and OL, great coaching staff, has Kamara. I can't really see them going worse than 10-7.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:35 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
FavreFan wrote:
Starting Jamies Winston would be a good way for the Saints to signal to the rest of the league they aren’t trying to compete this year.

Are u crazy?

Taysom Hill sucks dick.

Winston should easily be the starter. He was there before Hill too and should be given the first shot.

Under Payton, Winston should be able to thrive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:36 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Minshew Mania is over.

Gardner Minshew has been traded by the Jags.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:22 am 

I'm surprised all he returned was a 6.

He can start for several teams. He probably will for the Eagles when it is all said and done

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
MongoMuller wrote:
Broncos fans were happy they passed on Fields when Lock went off against the Vikings 3rd string then they got the Teddy bomb dropped on them yesterday. :lol:

I would rather they went with Lock as at some point in the game he's going to give it up but Broncos fans favored Lock 80% over Bridgewater so they aren't happy.

I like teddy but he's such a checkdown charlie, it gets frustrating to watch..throw the ball downfield.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
312player wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

I like teddy but he's such a checkdown charlie, it gets frustrating to watch..throw the ball downfield.

He doesn't have the requisite arm strength to throw into tight windows.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:13 am 

Patriots cut Newton.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hawg Ass wrote:
Patriots cut Newton.

Bellechick racist?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:22 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:34 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Patriots cut Newton.

Didn't really have a choice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:36 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Patriots cut Newton.

Didn't really have a choice.

His contract wasn't such that they could have paid him to be the back up, the money was tied to him playing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next