It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 189  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:03 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
One Post wrote:
Arguably one of the top five worst hangovers of my life today.

I'd actually like to go to the hospital it's that painful.

What the hell did you get up to on a Thursday night? I've reached the point in my life where the pain of hangovers outweighs the pleasure of drinking. I try (don't always succeed) to keep everything in a mild range: mild buzz=mild hangover.

First night of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo BBQ Cookoff. The Rodeo is a pretty big civic event down here, the Thursday of the Cookoff is essentially the unofficial start of Rodeo season. It might be one of my favorite events of the year down here.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Shameful we had no Cow Fest In Person Report :wink:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
One Post wrote:
First night of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo BBQ Cookoff. The Rodeo is a pretty big civic event down here, the Thursday of the Cookoff is essentially the unofficial start of Rodeo season. It might be one of my favorite events of the year down here.

One Post wrote:
Welcome to the greatest city of all, Houston Texas.
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:43 am 

if you go out during the st. patrick's day "season" and don't drink, you really get to see what assholes people are

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
if you go out during the st. patrick's day "season" and don't drink, you really get to see what assholes people are

Nothing like spending the entire St Paddy's weekend in the city to see how much alcoholism there truly is.

Holy shit is it something. But at least the near north and downtown areas had people in them finally.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:36 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Nothing like spending the entire St Paddy's weekend in the city to see how much alcoholism there truly is.

Holy shit is it something. But at least the near north and downtown areas had people in them finally.

I was picking someone up at an edison park bar. I was pulled over waiting. Some slizz, who was way too old to be drunk on a sunday night opened my door and asked if I was there for X. I was nice and said no. Five minutes later she opened my door and asked if I was there for X, not knowing we had that conversation. I told her we already discussed this, I'm not an Uber and this better not happen a third time. She could barely stand. Way too many physically adult people are out there living like every is Friday night.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That's every weekend in Scotland...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Still got myself one-half of a wisdom tooth. Sits there under a nerve, like a toady mocking you while safely in the presence of his big brother*. Doc shrugs. Can't do nothing about it. He said as much a week ago to my son and me. "That's the way she goes, boys," he says. "That's the way she goes."

Yet somehow, a piece of the half-wisdom tooth grew through my cheek, like a ram's horns piercing its skull. Doc had to sand it down this morning and then stitch me back up. Moderate pain. Endurable.

I don't have any gums left, though. Sucks.

*Alternate metaphor (yes, I know that, technically, it's a simile, but just forget that now):

Sits there under a nerve, mocking me, just as Hans Sprungfeld's silver tongue razzed Hollis Hurlbut's entire career.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Still got myself one-half of a wisdom tooth. Sits there under a nerve, like a toady mocking you while safely in the presence of his big brother*. Doc shrugs. Can't do nothing about it. He said as much a week ago to my son and me. "That's the way she goes, boys," he says. "That's the way she goes."

Yet somehow, a piece of the half-wisdom tooth grew through my cheek, like a ram's horns piercing its skull. Doc had to sand it down this morning and then stitch me back up. Moderate pain. Endurable.

I don't have any gums left, though. Sucks.

*Alternate metaphor (yes, I know that, technically, it's a simile, but just forget that now):

Sits there under a nerve, mocking me, just as Hans Sprungfeld's silver tongue razzed Hollis Hurlbut's entire career.

Ouch. I had a good friend in elementary school and somewhat in high school that had a similar bad experience. He had a broken wisdom tooth get infected and the poison basically abcessed (sp?) and ate out half of his cheek. But this was over 60 years ago and good dentists were few and far between.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
My dentist is bugging me to get mine removed. I don't want to. That type of shit always goes wrong for us and these stories aren't helping.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:55 pm 

I had four removed at one time, two of which grew roots around the area nerves. The doctor had to cut them in half during which I awoke. She told me to go back to sleep, I was done 30 minutes later and could've driven home.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Was working in Bozeman when one my wisdom teeth shattered in my mouth. MWas a painful few hours but my boss got me into her dentist and he cleaned up the infected area m, gave me some antibiotics and set me up a meeting with an oral surgeon. The next day Ifit t-boned by a drunk on the way home from work. Good week! Surgery went fine removing the two impacted, one erupted and one exploded tooth. Went in, was semi awake with the drugs and only remember being fully aware again as they wheeled me out to the lobby. Relatively painless process really. Beyond the tooth exploding.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Get out! How does a tooth explode?

Tooth pain is some of the worst pain in the world. I don't know how hockey players play again after loosing teeth.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:36 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Ouch. I had a good friend in elementary school and somewhat in high school that had a similar bad experience. He had a broken wisdom tooth get infected and the poison basically abcessed (sp?) and ate out half of his cheek. But this was over 60 years ago and good dentists were few and far between.

It ain't a pleasant way to spend a day.

Regular Reader wrote:
I had four removed at one time, two of which grew roots around the area nerves. The doctor had to cut them in half during which I awoke. She told me to go back to sleep, I was done 30 minutes later and could've driven home.

HOLD UP. You . . . woke up in the middle???

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Was working in Bozeman when one my wisdom teeth shattered in my mouth. MWas a painful few hours but my boss got me into her dentist and he cleaned up the infected area m, gave me some antibiotics and set me up a meeting with an oral surgeon. The next day Ifit t-boned by a drunk on the way home from work. Good week! Surgery went fine removing the two impacted, one erupted and one exploded tooth. Went in, was semi awake with the drugs and only remember being fully aware again as they wheeled me out to the lobby. Relatively painless process really. Beyond the tooth exploding.

And the car accident.

Spaulding wrote:
My dentist is bugging me to get mine removed. I don't want to. That type of shit always goes wrong for us and these stories aren't helping.

^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:22 am 

@Thomas: Because the extractions took so long I wasn't given enough to stay out. As the Dr was splitting my lower right tooth suddenly I could feel and smell it like a light buzzing. For some reason I tried to remove the mask I had on my eyes so I could see(?) what was happening. The doctor told me to stop, breathe deeply and go back to sleep. So I did.

But that was in my high tolerance for pain era. Broken hip, walk it off, motorcycle crash ripping up my knee, walk it off, etc..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:25 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
@Thomas: Because the extractions took so long I wasn't given enough to stay out. As the Dr was splitting my lower right tooth suddenly I could feel and smell it like a light buzzing. For some reason I tried to remove the mask I had on my eyes so I could see(?) what was happening. The doctor told me to stop, breathe deeply and go back to sleep. So I did.

But that was in my high tolerance for pain era. Broken hip, walk it off, motorcycle crash ripping up my knee, walk it off, etc..

That's some cowboy tolerance right there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Spaulding wrote:

My experience and my son's was okay and I am glad I had it done. It was successful in both instances. Do some research and see feedback from people who have had it done in your area.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Spaulding wrote:
Get out! How does a tooth explode?

Tooth pain is some of the worst pain in the world. I don't know how hockey players play again after loosing teeth.

Tooth was damaged, I didn't know and it got infected and continued to deteriorate on the inside of the tooth. Couple that with the jaw not being big enough for the tooth to begin with so it kind of wasn't fully supported or something so that made it more fragile. Honestly, I don't remember it all beyond the date. March 31st, 2000. It was a long time ago, I was in a bit of discomfort when he explained it and was just grateful for the drugs and the knowledge the pain would be subsiding soon.

Got use of all my dental insurance and some health insurance, sick days and such in the last 3 weeks of my employment so that was nice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:36 pm 

I don’t have enough underwear and some of what I do have is hanging by a thread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Stepdaughter back to live with us again. Tough situation for sure, certainly is for me. This time I think it is for a longer term stretch, likely through the summer. :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
T-Bone wrote:
Stepdaughter back to live with us again. Tough situation for sure, certainly is for me. This time I think it is for a longer term stretch, likely through the summer. :(

My step-daughter (also 22) moved out for 9-10 months with her boyfriend. I mean, who would have ever imagine a couple age 21-22 couldn't make it and broke up :lol:

the 20-somethings living at home doesn't bother me for now, but my wife has different standards for each kid and that drives me crazy. I will laugh my ass off when my 22 year-old is the first to truly move out. He's at least on a trajectory to being able to support himself. Princess Diablo....nowhere close. She's not even dating anyone right now so chances of a sugar-daddy are nowhere in sight.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:50 am 

Princess Diablo :lol:

Sorry to hear that T Bone. Hang in there!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:11 am 

BigW72 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

My step-daughter (also 22) moved out for 9-10 months with her boyfriend. I mean, who would have ever imagine a couple age 21-22 couldn't make it and broke up :lol:

the 20-somethings living at home doesn't bother me for now, but my wife has different standards for each kid and that drives me crazy. I will laugh my ass off when my 22 year-old is the first to truly move out. He's at least on a trajectory to being able to support himself. Princess Diablo....nowhere close. She's not even dating anyone right now so chances of a sugar-daddy are nowhere in sight.

Yeah this has been an ongoing saga. I don't really have a relationship with her and she's always been difficult. I married her mom the summer she was leaving to go to college. She lived with us for most of a summer after her freshman year but we ended up kicking her out due to MANY circumstances. She was back with us last October but none of her real issues were addressed they way they should have been. This time we are going to try to help with a total teardown and rebuild, like many of our favorite teams. Doing it with a human being is going to be difficult and finding the right help will be critical. I'm thankful there is not a boyfriend in the picture at this point. My wife drove her back from Phoenix last week so this has only been my new reality for less than a week.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:49 am 

T-Bone wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Yeah this has been an ongoing saga. I don't really have a relationship with her and she's always been difficult. I married her mom the summer she was leaving to go to college. She lived with us for most of a summer after her freshman year but we ended up kicking her out due to MANY circumstances. She was back with us last October but none of her real issues were addressed they way they should have been. This time we are going to try to help with a total teardown and rebuild, like many of our favorite teams. Doing it with a human being is going to be difficult and finding the right help will be critical. I'm thankful there is not a boyfriend in the picture at this point. My wife drove her back from Phoenix last week so this has only been my new reality for less than a week.

We had to do that with my son (20 at the time) after getting wrapped up with a total psycho girl. He's still a slob, but is MUCH better now and I do see him moving out within the next year.

Princess Diablo and I get along fine, but she has zero concept of being financially independent and the world owes her something. You can't tell her anything...she knows it all and nothing is EVER her fault. I fear she's never moving out. If / when she does I'm quite sure it will be temporary. My wife has always treated her differently and nothing I've ever said can change that. Only thing I can control is making sure MY 2 kids are out on their own. I'm told pretty routinely about all the things I'm not teaching them, but I'm pretty confident they'll move out and stay out :lol:

I do feel your pain, T-Bone and can most certainly relate.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:53 am 

Thanks BigW. A lot of what you said resonates with our situation. At 25 we hoped she would have some of this figured out but believe there is a mental illness component involved in which we have to step back and really think about the best way to make this situation better and as permanent as we can make it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:00 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Thanks BigW. A lot of what you said resonates with our situation. At 25 we hoped she would have some of this figured out but believe there is a mental illness component involved in which we have to step back and really think about the best way to make this situation better and as permanent as we can make it.

Good luck T-Bone, my youngest son and his gf are briefly :? supposed to be moving back here with me in August. He was a sometime slob so we'll see how that goes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:57 pm 

T-Bone wrote:

Might be a mental illness component, but I really hate using that as it's an overused generational excuse and mentality. I don't know where the Y2K babies formed their internal motivation, but a good majority of them have zero motivation to get out on their own. It's puzzling. When I was 22, the thought of living at home was horrifying. I graduated from college and spent all of 2 weeks at home before I packed my shit and figured something else out. It wasn't even a thing of my Dad and I not getting along....I just flat out didn't want to live at home. I was flat broke, but at least I didn't have to answer to anyone.

That drive is sorely missing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:18 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Might be a mental illness component, but I really hate using that as it's an overused generational excuse and mentality. I don't know where the Y2K babies formed their internal motivation, but a good majority of them have zero motivation to get out on their own. It's puzzling. When I was 22, the thought of living at home was horrifying. I graduated from college and spent all of 2 weeks at home before I packed my shit and figured something else out. It wasn't even a thing of my Dad and I not getting along....I just flat out didn't want to live at home. I was flat broke, but at least I didn't have to answer to anyone.

3 days after I graduated from college, I moved 620 miles to Wisconsin.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:37 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

3 days after I graduated from college, I moved 620 miles to Wisconsin.

That sucks Hawg, I am sorry.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
BigW72 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I spent the summer between freshman and sophomore years in college at home and that was it. Once I got a taste of living away from home and not in a dorm there was no way I was going back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 189  Next