It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears vs. Packers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Terry's Peeps wrote:
They're the same team today that they were after beating the Jets last week.

Lady and Gentlemen, say hello to Lil' Danny Bernstine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Bucky Chris wrote:
cpguy wrote:
Cutler continues to be Cutler. One pic away from next season. He just can't be trusted.

Curious if you feel the same way about Manning and Brees who have more INTs.

Those 2 QB's have rings. They've proven what they can do when the chips are down.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
cpguy wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
cpguy wrote:
Cutler continues to be Cutler. One pic away from next season. He just can't be trusted.

Curious if you feel the same way about Manning and Brees who have more INTs.

Those 2 QB's have rings. They've proven what they can do when the chips are down.

But statistically, they are more likely to throw an INT. And I would guess they would be even more likely to throw interceptions if they were playing football while wearing extremely large rings.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Green Bay, despite having terrible special teams overall, did a great job neutralizing Hester. And the Bears showed that when you take-away the down-field pass plays with double coverage Cutler consistently checks down to Forte (or gets sacked or throws a pick). So those are decent take-aways...for opposing teams game-planning against the Bears.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Green Bay, despite having terrible special teams overall, did a great job neutralizing Hester. And the Bears showed that when you take-away the down-field pass plays with double coverage Cutler consistently checks down to Forte (or gets sacked or throws a pick). So those are decent take-aways...for opposing teams game-planning against the Bears.

They actually did a great job with their punting game and the kicking game with the exception of that one duck to manning that he got to the 50.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Let the panic begin! :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Mr. Reason wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Reason, you're looking at the latest Bernstein-a-phile..... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
spmack wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Reason, you're looking at the latest Bernstein-a-phile..... :lol:

Please. I've been on BernStine's junk since he waxed poetic about the flowing locks of one Ivan Calderone.

And Reason, thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:22 pm 

Hub rubbed out a few at least to this game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:23 pm 

This game didn't make it any more or less likely they lose in two weeks. The defense is still good, Oline is still bad and Cutler is still inconsistent.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
conns7901 wrote:
This game didn't make it any more or less likely they lose in two weeks. The defense is still good, Oline is still bad and Cutler is still inconsistent.

This.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:27 pm 

Should have kept Grossman.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:31 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Not. He'd be hurt. At least Cutler takes the abuse. I'll give him that. We'll see if he can handle the pressure of the playoffs. I hope he can but I would not bet on it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:32 pm 

cpguy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Not. He'd be hurt. At least Cutler takes the abuse. I'll give him that. We'll see if he can handle the pressure of the playoffs. I hope he can but I would not bet on it.
Grossman is lighting it up though and he's already led a team to the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:35 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
cpguy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Grossman is lighting it up though and he's already led a team to the Super Bowl.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:37 pm 

spanky wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:
They will be 1 and done.

I don't know, I like the Bears chances against Seattle in the 2nd round.

hilaaaarious.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:46 pm 

They at least gave opposing defenses a good look at how to shut down the Bears offense--take-away everything deep and make Cutler beat you with underneath passes to Forte and G-reg. Cutler seems equally accurate throwing short as throwing deep--that is, inconsistent. But you give up less letting Cutler beat you underneath than down-field.

Eventually Cutler will pull a Grossman, try to go deep into double/triple coverage and a pick or sack results. Haven't looked at the stats on the season, Cutler probably throws a higher percentage of his TD passes from outside the red zone than any other starting NFL QB.

Same for GB's surprisingly effective special teams play--Green Bay took away the home run play there as well.

For Green Bay, Rodgers is very aware that he can't take another hit to the helmet else he'll be sidelined for the season and thus far less a threat to run than he usually is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:07 pm 

I dont know why it is so hard to quantify, but in the simplest terms that we all know; Cutler forces things at certain times. So when you go back and look at it, it stems from times when a good portion of the team, if not everyone, begins to crap their pants. This was the same for the last two QB's who played here. And that is why people can logically make the argument that Orton might actually have been a better fit for what this team is right now, but not at all where you should want to be. Orton typically didn't join in on the crap fest.

This shit today was pathetic, and it was from the first snap. Forget the coverage, forget the terrible route running and drops, forget being pushed off their routes consistently...they couldn't even get off the ball effectively. And then we never went back to a running game that was working. Just bad...

The Rogers pass to Driver is a great example of what a true NFL passing game should look like. It was an 'uncomunicated' hot route where Driver knew the middle of the field would be open, and Rogers knew he would recognize it, and be there. And every WR on that team would have known, and done the same.

On the flip side, the Bears burn a good amount of time outs just trying to line-up correctly, and it a direct result of the WR's still trying to grasp the offense in week 17. Really kind of difficult to criticize a QB for trying to force things when it likely becomes completely obvious to him that this was one of those games where it wasn't going to get better.

Maybe this is a group of guys that can play well as a team at times, and that helps mask what they really are, but this isn't a talented group at the individual level. And there is a serious lack of football smarts that is even more disconcerting.

Not panic, but it is days like today that you start to look forward and see the accusation of Cutler as a complete waste of a possibly great QB. If you got two more seasons out of the core of this team, that would be a blessing. And I will chose to hold most of my criticism for Cutler until he is given a fair shake. And if you think this is it, or Denver was it, then you need to remove your head from your anus.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:26 pm 

The Bears missed Earl Bennett today, a guy who seems to have found a rapport with Cutler, especially on third down.

Offensive line regressed today, they were bad today on the pass block, hopefully they can get back to being average (like the last few weeks).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:30 pm 

mrgoodkat wrote:
I dont know why it is so hard to quantify, but in the simplest terms that we all know; Cutler forces things at certain times. So when you go back and look at it, it stems from times when a good portion of the team, if not everyone, begins to crap their pants. This was the same for the last two QB's who played here. And that is why people can logically make the argument that Orton might actually have been a better fit for what this team is right now, but not at all where you should want to be. Orton typically didn't join in on the crap fest.

This shit today was pathetic, and it was from the first snap. Forget the coverage, forget the terrible route running and drops, forget being pushed off their routes consistently...they couldn't even get off the ball effectively. And then we never went back to a running game that was working. Just bad...

The Rogers pass to Driver is a great example of what a true NFL passing game should look like. It was an 'uncomunicated' hot route where Driver knew the middle of the field would be open, and Rogers knew he would recognize it, and be there. And every WR on that team would have known, and done the same.

On the flip side, the Bears burn a good amount of time outs just trying to line-up correctly, and it a direct result of the WR's still trying to grasp the offense in week 17. Really kind of difficult to criticize a QB for trying to force things when it likely becomes completely obvious to him that this was one of those games where it wasn't going to get better.

Maybe this is a group of guys that can play well as a team at times, and that helps mask what they really are, but this isn't a talented group at the individual level. And there is a serious lack of football smarts that is even more disconcerting.

Not panic, but it is days like today that you start to look forward and see the accusation of Cutler as a complete waste of a possibly great QB. If you got two more seasons out of the core of this team, that would be a blessing. And I will chose to hold most of my criticism for Cutler until he is given a fair shake. And if you think this is it, or Denver was it, then you need to remove your head from your anus.

Esoteric delineations only perplex the hoi polloi. Need more fire and passion please.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:33 pm 

They at least gave opposing defenses a good look at how to shut down the Bears offense.

So did the Giants, Redskins and Seahawks.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
mrgoodkat wrote:
And I will chose to hold most of my criticism for Cutler until he is given a fair shake. And if you think this is it, or Denver was it, then you need to remove your head from your anus.

What about his time in Denver was unfair?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:36 pm 

I think the bears should research just who the fuck this #93 Walden was and how he made such an impact.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:37 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

Weren't those all 1st half of the season games?

Last edited by NearWessSideHussra on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
What's weird is they looked like they played pretty hard today but they looked like shit. The o line sucks, Cutler blew, and I still hate Knox. The only people I was really happy with was the secondary. Crazy shit has happened this year so I still think they are going to the Superbowl. Woo Woo!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:42 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

Weren't those all 1st half of the season games?

Were the bears using different players in the second half of the season?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

Last edited by conns7901 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Spaulding wrote:
What's weird is they looked like they played pretty hard today but they looked like shit. The o line sucks, Cutler blew, and I still hate Knox.

The offensive gameplan was very vanilla.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:47 pm 

Nope, but I recall hearing from various sources, including the Danny Bernstein show, that Martz, on orders from above or below or whatever, changed up the Bears offense over the bye week. Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
What's weird is they looked like they played pretty hard today but they looked like shit. The o line sucks, Cutler blew, and I still hate Knox.

I didnt know not pass blocking was part of a vanilla game plan.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Nah-uh. I like vanilla. I did not like the gameplan therefore vanilla <> gameplan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next