It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:34 pm 

yes, I unfortunately haven't lost that memory

Fields numbers aren't bad and they are ascending. This isn't a dump of a failed pick. We just happened to have been gifted the once in a lifetime opportunity of having the first pick in the draft two years in a row with a good crop coming out. If the Bears were picking in the middle of the draft, we'd be talking about how to improve Fields. If it were a draft for QB like the Pickett one, we'd be talking about a future with Fields.

This just happens to be a unique situation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:

Fields numbers aren't bad and they are ascending. This isn't a dump of a failed pick. We just happened to have been gifted the once in a lifetime opportunity of having the first pick in the draft two years in a row with a good crop coming out. If the Bears were picking in the middle of the draft, we'd be talking about how to improve Fields. If it were a draft for QB like the Pickett one, we'd be talking about a future with Fields.

Yep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:21 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

I understand that management is different and they didn't really like (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky but I think we'd be looking at the same situation they had with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was better than Fields through 3 years in pretty much every way outside of Fields rushing stats in Year 2 though Fields ran the ball 92 more times.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:33 pm 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I understand that management is different and they didn't really like (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky but I think we'd be looking at the same situation they had with (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was better than Fields through 3 years in pretty much every way outside of Fields rushing stats in Year 2 though Fields ran the ball 92 more times.

but if we didn't have this golden ticket, we'd be picking 9th and either overpaying to move up or overdrafting a talent.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:36 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I understand that management is different and they didn't really like (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky but I think we'd be looking at the same situation they had with (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was better than Fields through 3 years in pretty much every way outside of Fields rushing stats in Year 2 though Fields ran the ball 92 more times.

but if we didn't have this golden ticket, we'd be picking 9th and either overpaying to move up or overdrafting a talent.

That's what we did to get rid of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and draft Fields though.

They likely feel they can't fix Fields just like they felt they couldn't fix (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Fields likely has more trade value though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Bagels wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Fields and #9 to the falcons for

#8 and falcons '25 #1

9 to 8 isn't worth much, maybe a 4th. What did the Bears get from Philly last year for 10 to 9?

That's why I think the path to get a 2025 1st is to trade down from the 9 and add Fields. What might be a 3rd and a 5th without Fields becomes a 2025 1st with him. If they trade Fields, they aren't trading the 1st overall pick.

I mentioned New Orleans upthread, but I read that Carr's contract is an even bigger disaster if they cut him. So the Raiders would be the logical target.

I have said all along, I believe they will get a first round pick for Fields after a robust market forms for his services.

from who ? there's no way.

It's right there in the series of posts you quoted.

The market for QB is never rational

I wanted to disagree with you, but there's plenty of history of bad QB trades to back your theory. As already mentioned....Darnold returning a 2nd round pick is a great example

Remember when the Bears gave up a first for Rick fucking Mirer?? :lol:

A second-round pick obviously isn't the same as a first. The Mirer trade was 30 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:

Fields' QBR declined this season despite his improvement in some statistical categories. It doesn't take a genius to see that he can't throw within the structure of an NFL offense. His strength is improvisation, but that strength is a product of his weakness as a pocket passer. As I've said before, I find it difficult to believe there will be a strong market for Fields, but I will be happy if I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Fields' QBR declined this season despite his improvement in some statistical categories. It doesn't take a genius to see that he can't throw within the structure of an NFL offense. His strength is improvisation, but that strength is a product of his weakness as a pocket passer. As I've said before, I find it difficult to believe there will be a strong market for Fields, but I will be happy if I'm wrong.

Let Dolphin work his magic

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Caller Bob wrote:
yikes

Willing to bet all those signs were made by the same person..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Bagels wrote:
why isn't everyone fired yet?

Patience. They want to announce after Harbaugh wins the NC tonight..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
good luck ian Cunningham in your GM interviews

Quote:
If Cunningham joins another organization as GM, the Bears would receive compensation as part of the Rooney Rule. If a team loses a minority executive or coach to another team, that team would receive a third-round compensatory pick for two years.

if he gets a GM job we can promote the DEI lady to asst. GM! keep the pipeline flowing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
yikes

Willing to bet all those signs were made by the same person..

Ryan Poles' kid(s)? Poles probably hired crisis actors to stand outside his window at Halas Hall and chant "We Want Justin"; so during calls with other GMs to discuss trading Fields Poles can angle for a better deal b/c--you hear that?--Bear fans want Justin .

any actual Justin Fields truthers showing up at Halas Hall beaten and arrested on sight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:19 am 

Lets not overcomplicate this thing.

Caleb Williams

then we see what falls to #9. I hope one of the OT. I would like to address WR through FA. There are some nice names out there and some players used as #3 who I think could step up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:23 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Caleb Williams

then we see what falls to #9. I hope one of the OT. I would like to address WR through FA. There are some nice names out there and some players used as #3 who I think could step up.

The power move would be to hope the Commanders fall in love with either Maye or Williams get scared the Bears are going to select them or trade. Move down one spot for a bunch of picks and take whoever the Commanders don't want as it's all just a lottery ticket anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
good dolphin wrote:

Caleb Williams

Caleb Williams will complicate things enough on his own.

No, thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:28 am 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Caleb Williams

The power move would be to hope the Commanders fall in love with either Maye or Williams get scared the Bears are going to select them or trade. Move down one spot for a bunch of picks and take whoever the Commanders don't want as it's all just a lottery ticket anyways.

I would hope our scouts can arrive at an affirmative choice, not a coin flip

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
We must do all we can to retain the services of the 22nd best QB in the league.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:29 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Minooka Meatball wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Caleb Williams

Caleb Williams will complicate things enough on his own.

No, thanks.

Agreed. I have no use for him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:31 am 

It sure would be nice if this was a clear and obvious no brainer to take Williams with the 1. But of course it has to be Bears up and there be major question marks about the best QB in this draft.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: John's
If the best you can get for Fields is a 3rd rounder(that's all you are getting btw), take Williams or Maye, pick up Fields 5th option and then let them battle it out. Why can't this be an option?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:33 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Caleb Williams

I think that gets a lot of teams in trouble.

If you look at the history of the draft, the consensus #1 doesn't hit at any higher rate than the #2 or #3 QB and sometimes none of them hit at all.

If you get a lot of picks and your consolation prize is either Maye or Williams that is pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Caller Bob wrote:
If the best you can get for Fields is a 3rd rounder(that's all you are getting btw), take Williams or Maye, pick up Fields 5th option and then let them battle it out. Why can't this :roll: be an option?

So you're basically asking Justin to compete for the job he's had the past 3 years? I'm sureeee that won't cause any friction in the locker room :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: John's
When you don't do a job well, competition comes in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:41 am 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Caleb Williams

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Caller Bob wrote:
When you don't do a job well, competition comes in.

The Bears locker room can’t handle drafting good players and/or watching their friends compete.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:42 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
If the best you can get for Fields is a 3rd rounder(that's all you are getting btw), take Williams or Maye, pick up Fields 5th option and then let them battle it out. Why can't this :roll: be an option?

So you're basically asking Justin to compete for the job he's had the past 3 years? I'm sureeee that won't cause any friction in the locker room :roll:

There will be friction in the lockeroom because Justin Fields sucks at quarterbacking. But aside from that he's a solid guy.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Caleb Williams

That’s where there may be value in gassing up Fields. If they can plausibly convince the Commanders they’re trading out of that pick, maybe whoever will run their draft pulls a Ryan Pace and trades up one spot unnecessarily.

Unfortunately that person may be Ian Cunningham who should be well aware that Fields sucks.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:47 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Caleb Williams

That’s where there may be value in gassing up Fields. If they can plausibly convince the Commanders they’re trading out of that pick, maybe whoever will run their draft pulls a Ryan Pace and trades up one spot unnecessarily.

Unfortunately that person may be Ian Cunningham who should be well aware that Fields sucks.

I think we could pull this off by pulling a Ryan Pace and never even talking to any of the quarterbacks so they have no idea anything about them so it seems like they have no interest and then suddenly choosing one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:50 am 

Someone needs to send Fields to Pace's home in a Camry. First round pick boom

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:08 am 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Caleb Williams

I think that gets a lot of teams in trouble.

If you look at the history of the draft, the consensus #1 doesn't hit at any higher rate than the #2 or #3 QB and sometimes none of them hit at all.

If you get a lot of picks and your consolation prize is either Maye or Williams that is pretty good.

the cbs online guy was speculating about the return for moving down 1-2 spots and it really wasn't all that impressive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 75  Next