It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I trust Poles to make the decision. I think he wants to make it. Trading that pick last year wasn't easy.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
I want Fields gone as much as anybody, but I’m not sold on Williams…and I don’t think the Bears need to limit their sights on him. My feeling is that someone will take him #1 and he’ll be a Bryce Young project and/or bust while one of the QBs taken later will be the real find. Problem is that Poles, from his own admission last year, feels nervous with the #1 so I think he’ll either trade down and keep Fields or take Williams as the “sure” bet so he can defend it as the consensus among experts.

Unless the guy you draft is a no doubt top 5 QB in the very near future, I think you have to keep Fields. I don't think they should draft someone who maxes out at "marginally" better. I have no way of knowing what the guys in the draft actually look like. Only what I read projection wise, but it seems that the guys that are available don't grade out as guys like Luck, Elway and Peyton Manning did when they came out. If not then you just might have to keep Fields.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:55 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Justin-Fields-open-receiver.jpg

Per juiced, Fields needs written instructions, presumably via email, that he is to throw to open receivers streaking down the field. Hopefully coaches can clear that up in the future with a process map or raci chart.

You don't get these records and stats by not throwing to the open receiver.

Again what has changed since college?

Records set by Justin Fields

Here are some of the notable records and statistical rankings set by Fields in college:

1st in Ohio State history in total offense in a bowl game: 427 yards (2021 Sugar Bowl vs. Clemson)
1st in Ohio State history in completions in a bowl game: 30 completions (2019 Fiesta Bowl vs. Clemson)
1st in Ohio State history in passing yards in a bowl game: 385 yards (2021 Sugar Bowl vs. Clemson)
1st in Ohio State history in touchdown passes in a bowl game: Six touchdowns (2021 Sugar Bowl vs. Clemson)
1st in Ohio State history in completion percentage in a season: 70.2 percent (2020)
1st in Ohio State history in passing efficiency in a season: 181.4 (2019)
T-1st in Ohio State history in consecutive completions: 16 completions
2nd in Ohio State history in completion percentage in a game (min. 10 completions): 95.2 percent
2nd in Ohio State history in career completion percentage: 68.4 percent
2nd in Ohio State history in touchdown passes in a season: 41 touchdowns (2019)
2nd in Ohio State history in career touchdown passes: 63 touchdowns
2nd in Ohio State history in career passing yards per game: 244.2 yards
3rd in FBS history in career passing efficiency rating among players with 400-499 completions: 178.8
3rd in Ohio State history in passing yards in a season: 3,273 yards (2019)
3rd in Ohio State history in passing yards per game in a season: 262.5 yards (2020)
3rd in Ohio State history in career 200-yard passing games: 15 games
T-3rd in Ohio State history in consecutive 100-yard passing games: 14 games
T-8th in Ohio State history in passing yards in a game: 385 yards
10th in Ohio State history in career passing yards: 5,373 yards
21st in FBS history in a passing efficiency rating in a season (min. 15 attempts per game): 181.4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
I trust Poles to make the decision. I think he wants to make it. Trading that pick last year wasn't easy.

Wasn’t it though? Unlike this year, I don’t recall any real pressure to go get a specific guy or position addressed at 1/1. Biggest pre-draft wish was a multiple trade back scenario, IIRC.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:57 pm 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
I want Fields gone as much as anybody, but I’m not sold on Williams…and I don’t think the Bears need to limit their sights on him. My feeling is that someone will take him #1 and he’ll be a Bryce Young project and/or bust while one of the QBs taken later will be the real find. Problem is that Poles, from his own admission last year, feels nervous with the #1 so I think he’ll either trade down and keep Fields or take Williams as the “sure” bet so he can defend it as the consensus among experts.

Unless the guy you draft is a no doubt top 5 QB in the very near future, I think you have to keep Fields. I don't think they should draft someone who maxes out at "marginally" better. I have no way of knowing what the guys in the draft actually look like. Only what I read projection wise, but it seems that the guys that are available don't grade out as guys like Luck, Elway and Peyton Manning did when they came out. If not then you just might have to keep Fields.

Fields is closer to being a backup than he is to being a top 10 QB.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Juiced wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Justin-Fields-open-receiver.jpg

Per juiced, Fields needs written instructions, presumably via email, that he is to throw to open receivers streaking down the field. Hopefully coaches can clear that up in the future with a process map or raci chart.

Here are some of the notable records and statistical rankings set by Fields in college:

1st in Ohio State history in total offense in a bowl game: 427 yards (2021 Sugar Bowl vs. Clemson)
1st in Ohio State history in completions in a bowl game: 30 completions (2019 Fiesta Bowl vs. Clemson)
1st in Ohio State history in passing yards in a bowl game: 385 yards (2021 Sugar Bowl vs. Clemson)
1st in Ohio State history in touchdown passes in a bowl game: Six touchdowns (2021 Sugar Bowl vs. Clemson)
1st in Ohio State history in completion percentage in a season: 70.2 percent (2020)
2nd in Ohio State history in completion percentage in a game (min. 10 completions): 95.2 percent
3rd in FBS history in career passing efficiency rating among players with 400-499 completions: 178.8
3rd in Ohio State history in passing yards per game in a season: 262.5 yards (2020)
21st in FBS history in a passing efficiency rating in a season (min. 15 attempts per game): 181.4

I also can't put my finger on why Fields can dominate Rutgers and Akron but wets the bed against the Browns and Vikings. Let me think and get back to you.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:00 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Juiced wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I also can't put my finger on why Fields can dominate Rutgers and Akron but wets the bed against the Browns and Vikings. Let me think and get back to you.

His best games are against Clemson. Try again troll.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:02 pm 

Brick wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I probably should have said top 10 than top 5. Don't buy the backup argument either. Particularly given that it is often made by people on here. The perception of Fields changes drastically once you get out of the CFMB bubble I'm rapidly finding out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:

Wasn’t it though? Unlike this year, I don’t recall any real pressure to go get a specific guy or position addressed at 1/1. Biggest pre-draft wish was a multiple trade back scenario, IIRC.

It wasn't easy because he could have bombed on the deal. There was also no guarantee that the Panthers would suck. MANY saw them winning the division because Young was expected to look like Stroud.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:04 pm 

Brick wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I probably should have said top 10 than top 5. Don't buy the backup argument either. Particularly given that it is often made by people on here. The perception of Fields changes drastically once you get out of the CFMB bubble I'm rapidly finding out.

Bring numbers and data. So far you sound like the author of the keep H1M posters in Lake Forest.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:07 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Bring numbers and data. So far you sound like the author of the keep H1M posters in Lake Forest.

Yeah we really should factor in his first 2 seasons as a starter in our "evaluations" shouldn't "WE"? A period when the team was obviously tanking.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:07 pm 

At best he is going to go start on a bad desperate team that doesn't have a high draft pick to get one of the 4 rookie quarterbacks that are highly sought after. He's pretty close to being a backup.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I created a thread 3 years ago because I believed others weren't being honest. He has a cult following that isn't supported by his performance on the field. It exists here as well. I was on an island 3 years ago. Last year, Hood used his platform to publicly bash me for my private Fields thoughts. Now, he and others have shifted.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:09 pm 

Brick wrote:

At best he is going to go start on a bad desperate team that doesn't have a high draft pick to get one of the 4 rookie quarterbacks that are highly sought after. He's pretty close to being a backup.

The kid was 11 for 16 last week with no interceptions and playing behind a shitty O-Line and to hear people tell it here he stunk the joint up. Its those sort of evaluations that lead me to question their "objectivity" when it comes to Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:11 pm 

I am Pro Fields, 10 year deal minimum!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:11 pm 

Brick wrote:

The kid was 11 for 16 last week with no interceptions and playing behind a shitty O-Line and to hear people tell it here he stunk the joint up. Its those sort of evaluations that lead me to question their "objectivity" when it comes to Fields.

Where is the statistical evidence saying the o line is bad. Are you saying Fields holding on to the ball for a league leading 3+ seconds is due to poor line play, or that it's actually a good thing to hold on to the ball for that long?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:12 pm 

Brick wrote:

You are acting like 11 for 16 is a good stat line for a quarterback.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:

What about his final 7 games impressed you the most? Outside of the Green Bay game, he had time to throw, and the defense forced 18 turnovers in the 6 previous games.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:14 pm 

Nas wrote:
I created a thread 3 years ago because I believed others weren't being honest. He has a cult following that isn't supported by his performance on the field. It exists here as well. I was on an island 3 years ago. Last year, Hood used his platform to publicly bash me for my private Fields thoughts. Now, he and others have shifted.

Its sort of tough to say with any objectivity that he has a "cult" following when the overwhelming # of people here believe that he sucks or is at least very bad. I think people recognize and acknowledge that he is easily the most talented Bears QB of their lifetime and refuse to give up on him so quickly. The kid has a very high ceiling and I think that it is too soon to say whether he will reach it or not. I think he deserves at least one more season. Particularly given the fact that the dude you replace him with it in the draft can hardly be considered a "can't miss" prospect himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
I am Pro Fields, 10 year deal minimum!!!

We heard you and your minions chanting after the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:16 pm 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

What about his final 7 games impressed you the most? Outside of the Green Bay game, he had time to throw, and the defense forced 18 turnovers in the 6 previous games.

I think that he became more accurate as a passer for one. Particularly when it came to throwing the deep ball. I also believe that he and D.J. Moore developed a much better chemistry than they had earlier in the season for 2.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:17 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

You act like it is a "terrible" stat line for a Quarterback. It isn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

Its sort of tough to say with any objectivity that he has a "cult" following when the overwhelming # of people here believe that he sucks or is at least very bad. I think people recognize and acknowledge that he is easily the most talented Bears QB of their lifetime and refuse to give up on him so quickly. The kid has a very high ceiling and I think that it is too soon to say whether he will reach it or not. I think he deserves at least one more season. Particularly given the fact that the dude you replace him with it in the draft can hardly be considered a "can't miss" prospect himself.

I've shouted down dolphin and others and broke their will. They're somewhat quiet cult members now. Outside of this platform, the media and fans are still blowing him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Tyrod Taylor > Fields

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:21 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

You act like it is a "terrible" stat line for a Quarterback. It isn't.

It is when your team scores 0 touchdowns.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:21 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Where is the statistical evidence saying the o line is bad.?

Quote:
Fields was under pressure on 50% of his dropbacks (12-of-24) where he completed 2 of 5 passes for 43 yards and took 5 sacks. It was his second lowest passing output of the season, excluding the Week 6 loss to Minnesota, where he left early with a thumb injury.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Just went on one of the draft simulator sites and easily picked up tons of picks just by trading down a spot or two, but the key is to get the goofy owner in Washington to fall in love with Caleb Williams so he will overpay. You still get Maye at #2 and pick up Washington's pick near the top of the second round, can trade back again from #9 if a QB is there someone loves and still get a WR in the middle of the first-round while picking up another 2nd/3rd.

If you flip Fields for a second you then have two second round picks and use those to upgrade at G, C, WR, S, TE, DT, or DE, but let's be honest, you will find upgrades from Whitehair, Feeney, and Patrick well into the 3rd round, and you have nothing behind Moore at WR and you were forced to play Dominque Robinson in key situations, so you could pick up 4-5 guys in the first three rounds that would start for you next year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:

AHEM !!!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

I think that he became more accurate as a passer for one. Particularly when it came to throwing the deep ball. I also believe that he and D.J. Moore developed a much better chemistry than they had earlier in the season for 2.

He completed less than 61% of his passes in 4 of his final 7 games. Moore had 3 touchdowns in his final 7 games; he had 5 in his other games with Fields. Fields had a lower QBR and quarterback rating in his final 7 games than he had in his other games. Fields averaged fewer passing yards a game in his final 7 games than he had in his other games. Fields had fewer touchdowns in his final 7 games than he had in his other games. He was sacked fewer times in his final 7 games than he was in his other games.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

AHEM !!!!

I apologize. You and Jaw Breaker are indigenous to the island. I immigrated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 75  Next