It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:30 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Its sort of tough to say with any objectivity that he has a "cult" following when the overwhelming # of people here believe that he sucks or is at least very bad. I think people recognize and acknowledge that he is easily the most talented Bears QB of their lifetime and refuse to give up on him so quickly. The kid has a very high ceiling and I think that it is too soon to say whether he will reach it or not. I think he deserves at least one more season. Particularly given the fact that the dude you replace him with it in the draft can hardly be considered a "can't miss" prospect himself.

"The kid" is in his third NFL season and still hasn't proven himself to be a better quarterback than Jay Cutler.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:31 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Its sort of tough to say with any objectivity that he has a "cult" following when the overwhelming # of people here believe that he sucks or is at least very bad. I think people recognize and acknowledge that he is easily the most talented Bears QB of their lifetime and refuse to give up on him so quickly. The kid has a very high ceiling and I think that it is too soon to say whether he will reach it or not. I think he deserves at least one more season. Particularly given the fact that the dude you replace him with it in the draft can hardly be considered a "can't miss" prospect himself.

"The kid" is in his third NFL season and still hasn't proven himself to be a better quarterback than Jay Cutler.

..or (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Statistically, Gardner Minshew had a better season than H1M. But don't let numbers get in the way of your "analysis", LTG.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:

Shit he hasnt proved himself to be a better quarterback than something called Gardner Minshew

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:34 pm 

We need a "List of Quarterbacks better than Justin Fields" thread and eventually we get to a debate on Craig Krenzel but ultimately we decide that Craig Krenzel was worse.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
As I've been saying for years, if you looked solely at his bag of tools, the Bears have never had a better quarterback. Tools don't matter if the carpenter or mechanic can't properly use them.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:41 pm 

Nas wrote:
As I've been saying for years, if you looked solely at his bag of tools, the Bears have never had a better quarterback. Tools don't matter if the carpenter or mechanic can't properly use them.

He's the next great Bears quarterback to make the CFL Hall Of Fame.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:42 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Shit he hasnt proved himself to be a better quarterback than something called Gardner Minshew

Gardner Minshew will have a long career as a "colorful backup." I'm forecasting three years with the Raiders and one more with the Seahawks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
I am Pro Fields, 10 year deal minimum!!!

We heard you and your minions chanting after the game.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

This regime identified Bagent. That's a W.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:

Not for people who enjoy the forward pass.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Better than H1M as a passer.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Better than H1M as a passer.

Possibly, but he still sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Bagent is a second or two ahead of Fields in getting to his drop, read the D better, and avoid sacks, but his lack of arm talent means the ball takes two to three seconds longer to get there, so you are limited in what you can do with him, it took the league a few games, but they figured it out.

Watching Fields play must drive the OC and QB coach crazy because his mechanics never get better and his inaccuracy screws up perfect play calls, so you have to stick with a very basic game plan where you limit his reads. He should be miles farther down the road by now, but his career trajectory appears to be quite similar to one Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:07 pm 

If they do decide to draft a QB, they are going to have to sign a more accomplished veteran backup. There are some names who fit that bill available in fa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:09 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
If they do decide to draft a QB, they are going to have to sign a more accomplished veteran backup. There are some names who fit that bill available in fa

I know a former Pro Bowl QB that should be available.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:

Texans didn't need a veteran backup.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
I probably should have said top 10 than top 5. Don't buy the backup argument either. Particularly given that it is often made by people on here. The perception of Fields changes drastically once you get out of the CFMB bubble I'm rapidly finding out.

At best he is going to go start on a bad desperate team that doesn't have a high draft pick to get one of the 4 rookie quarterbacks that are highly sought after. He's pretty close to being a backup.

The kid was 11 for 16 last week with no interceptions and playing behind a shitty O-Line and to hear people tell it here he stunk the joint up. Its those sort of evaluations that lead me to question their "objectivity" when it comes to Fields.

What about his final 7 games impressed you the most? Outside of the Green Bay game, he had time to throw, and the defense forced 18 turnovers in the 6 previous games.

I think that he became more accurate as a passer for one. Particularly when it came to throwing the deep ball. I also believe that he and D.J. Moore developed a much better chemistry than they had earlier in the season for 2.

A lot of "YEP" in here to be found.

Quote:
Bears must build around Fields
For the first time in his three-year career, Justin Fields had a true number-one receiver in D.J. Moore. Moore finished with 96 catches for 1,364 receiving yards (sixth-most in the NFL) to go with eight touchdowns. All three categories were career-highs for the former Panther.

Quote:
Justin Fields' stats improved as well. Fields' passing yards per game improved by 48 yards per game from last year while he posted the best touchdown-to-interception ratio of his career. In the first half of the year, Fields had two games with four touchdowns (both career bests), and once he returned from injury, the third-year QB closed the season by winning four of six starts.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

No, they don't. Davis Mills "competed" with Stroud for the job in camp. Accomplished veterans aren't always helpful. MANY want another bite at the apple. What did Red Riffle do to help Fields and Young? They weren't even the same type of quarterback.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
I probably should have said top 10 than top 5. Don't buy the backup argument either. Particularly given that it is often made by people on here. The perception of Fields changes drastically once you get out of the CFMB bubble I'm rapidly finding out.

At best he is going to go start on a bad desperate team that doesn't have a high draft pick to get one of the 4 rookie quarterbacks that are highly sought after. He's pretty close to being a backup.

The kid was 11 for 16 last week with no interceptions and playing behind a shitty O-Line and to hear people tell it here he stunk the joint up. Its those sort of evaluations that lead me to question their "objectivity" when it comes to Fields.

What about his final 7 games impressed you the most? Outside of the Green Bay game, he had time to throw, and the defense forced 18 turnovers in the 6 previous games.

I think that he became more accurate as a passer for one. Particularly when it came to throwing the deep ball. I also believe that he and D.J. Moore developed a much better chemistry than they had earlier in the season for 2.

Quote:
For the first time in his three-year career, Justin Fields had a true number-one receiver in D.J. Moore. Moore finished with 96 catches for 1,364 receiving yards (sixth-most in the NFL) to go with eight touchdowns. All three categories were career-highs for the former Panther.

Quote:
Justin Fields' stats improved as well. Fields' passing yards per game improved by 48 yards per game from last year while he posted the best touchdown-to-interception ratio of his career. In the first half of the year, Fields had two games with four touchdowns (both career bests), and once he returned from injury, the third-year QB closed the season by winning four of six starts.

None of that refutes what I posted.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:35 pm 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No, they don't. Davis Mills "competed" with Stroud for the job in camp. Accomplished veterans aren't always helpful. MANY want another bite at the apple. What did Red Riffle do to help Fields and Young? They weren't even the same type of quarterback.

Yeah I am with Nas here. I think Bagent has shown enough to be fine as a backup QB. No need for anyone else.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:42 pm 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Did you happen to hear DJ's thoughts when he was clearning out his locker? Someone asked him his thoughts about getting another WR to go along with him. He immediately said it would be great then paused to think about it and said, it would mean he'd get less looks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

He also said he doesn't want the Bears to draft a quarterback because he doesn't want to start over. He's going to be starting over because the offense will be new. Everyone will be starting over together.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:57 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Did you happen to hear DJ's thoughts when he was clearning out his locker? Someone asked him his thoughts about getting another WR to go along with him. He immediately said it would be great then paused to think about it and said, it would mean he'd get less looks.

he always talks off the cuff.

he knows he could have twice the receptions if the qb could get the ball to him more consistently. adding a 2nd WR thats better than him would actually get more thrown his way.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
DJ should get fewer looks...or should I say, a lower percentage. Other than he and Kmet, the rest of the receivers were in witness protection.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
DJ should get fewer looks...or should I say, a lower percentage. Other than he and Kmet, the rest of the receivers were in witness protection.

I don't think I've ever seen 2 players have 80% of a quarterbacks completions and 90% of his touchdowns for a season. You probably couldn't pull that off on Madden.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I tried to play Madden in the local arcade but everytime I dropped back to pass as Fields the game timed out and forced me to insert coins to add more time.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tall Midget wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
QBs taken 1/1 are generally solid NFL players. They don’t all turn into all-pros, but it’s still a reasonable bet that you’re going to get 5-10 years of stability at the position when you make that pick.

I haven't watched Williams all that much, but isn't the concern that he's not really a pocket passer?

Here’s some boring short throws from the game ND skull fucked SC:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
I tried to play Madden in the local arcade but everytime I dropped back to pass as Fields the game timed out and forced me to insert coins to add more time.

:lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 75  Next