It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 306  Next
 Post subject: Re: Green Bay Packers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Vegan sounds like the most disgruntled Packers fan I have ever met. :lol:

He so loves Rodgers and so hates Gute that he is incapable of acknowledging that it’s possible the Packers know what they’re doing. It’s like reading an old article by Jay Mariotti on the White Sox.

I love going back and forth with you guys - for real - but on this they are clearly in over their heads. That's why I semi-seriously call you guys pro-management Gute bootlickers because I'm not sure how torpedoing your 2020-2023 championship window plus allowing this Rodgers situation to escalate into this very public feud is not indicative of managerial incompetence. All eyes are fixated on GB for all the wrong reasons - where is Rodgers going, is he going, when is he going, who is the QB, what will Jordan Love do if Rodgers isn't dealt, how is the roster going to react to the situation if there's no resolution, etc. No professional management team allows these things to fester - they move on swiftly and decisively. They don't hem and haw and make lame excuses like "well, gee golly, I want to say I called him but he didn't pick up," like that dumbass clown Gute did.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:41 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Vegan sounds like the most disgruntled Packers fan I have ever met. :lol:

He so loves Rodgers and so hates Gute that he is incapable of acknowledging that it’s possible the Packers know what they’re doing. It’s like reading an old article by Jay Mariotti on the White Sox.

I love going back and forth with you guys - for real - but on this they are clearly in over their heads. That's why I semi-seriously call you guys pro-management Gute bootlickers because I'm not sure how torpedoing your 2020-2023 championship window plus allowing this Rodgers situation to escalate into this very public feud is not indicative of managerial incompetence. All eyes are fixated on GB for all the wrong reasons - where is Rodgers going, is he going, when is he going, who is the QB, what will Jordan Love do if Rodgers isn't dealt, how is the roster going to react to the situation if there's no resolution, etc. No professional management team allows these things to fester - they move on swiftly and decisively. They don't hem and haw and make lame excuses like "well, gee golly, I want to say I called him but he didn't pick up," like that dumbass clown Gute did.

There you go, such fire and passion!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Gute has botched this in every way imaginable. Vegan can clearly see what Packers fans can't. Oftentimes, when you're on the inside, your vision can be impaired. Vegan has a bird's eye view of the destruction.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Stop being obtuse and literally just listen to the fucking owner of the Jets and stop pretending you know more about this than he does
If there is one thing Jets ownership and management has shown over the years, its that they are competent and always make timely moves to improve their football team.

I dont think they are competent. It's sort of indefensible they arent calling about Lamar while negotiating with GB. Still, their competency is irrelevant to the point I made that you quoted just now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Jets can move on without Rodgers

No they can't. Stop being obtuse and literally just listen to the fucking owner of the Jets and stop pretending you know more about this than he does :lol: :lol:

The Jets can claim the Packers were making unreasonable demands. Should the Jets give them whatever they want?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:48 pm 

Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

No they can't. Stop being obtuse and literally just listen to the fucking owner of the Jets and stop pretending you know more about this than he does :lol: :lol:

The Jets can claim the Packers were making unreasonable demands. Should the Jets give them whatever they want?

Nope and hence we are here. I do believe it gets done as both teams do want it to happen and neither side doesn't want it to not work out. It wouldn't look good on either side.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

But... but... the Packers have all the leverage!

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:50 pm 

Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

No, they shouldn't give GB whatever they want. But based on the Jets owners public comments, any reasonable person can see that the Jets front office is under pressure to get a reasonable deal done, and probably soon.

The offer that makes the most sense for both teams is Jets 2nd this year, and a conditional pick in 24 or 25 that starts out as day 3 pick but rises to 1st round if Rodgers is on the team for 2024.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:54 pm 

I wouldn't include a 1st round pick for being on the roster. Maybe if they make the Super Bowl.

I'm guessing the Packers want a 1st round pick no matter what.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:03 pm 

Brick wrote:
I wouldn't include a 1st round pick for being on the roster. Maybe if they make the Super Bowl.

Yeah, it's entirely reasonable for GB to insist on getting a 1st back if Rodgers plays a minimum of 2 seasons for the Jets. I don't expect GB to agree to anything less, nor should they.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yeah, it's entirely reasonable for GB to insist on getting a 1st back if Rodgers plays a minimum of 2 seasons for the Jets. I don't expect GB to agree to anything less, nor should they.

If he is good then it would be. There is a reason GB wants him gone though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Brick wrote:

I think it's specifically that #13 pick that's holding things up and I don't blame the Jets for balking at that. I would be ok with a swap of firsts 13 for 15, along with their 2 second rd picks (42 & 43) & a conditional pick in 2024 based on the number of starts ARod makes. This allows the Jets to keep a similar 1st and prevents the appearance of getting fleeced. The Packers would get 2 picks that essentially add up to a 17-19 1st based upon trade value charts this season and possibly another decent pick in 2024.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:18 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:

I think it's specifically that #13 pick that's holding things up and I don't blame the Jets for balking at that. I would be ok with a swap of firsts 13 for 15, along with their 2 second rd picks (42 & 43) & a conditional pick in 2024 based on the number of starts ARod makes. This allows the Jets to keep a similar 1st and prevents the appearance of getting fleeced. The Packers would get 2 picks that essentially add up to a 17-19 1st based upon trade value charts this season and possibly another decent pick in 2024.

3 high round picks and a swap of your first round pick is still a huge price to pay for a guy no one else wants though including his own team.

There is a good chance Rodgers just isn't great any more especially with one more off-season of his alternative training regiment.

2nd round pick this year.

3rd round pick next year that upgrades to a 2nd if they make the playoffs and upgrades to a 1st if they make the Super Bowl.

Tell the Packers to either take it or find another team that will give them more.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:05 pm 

Brick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:

3 high round picks and a swap of your first round pick is still a huge price to pay for a guy no one else wants though including his own team.

There is a good chance Rodgers just isn't great any more especially with one more off-season of his alternative training regiment.

2nd round pick this year.

3rd round pick next year that upgrades to a 2nd if they make the playoffs and upgrades to a 1st if they make the Super Bowl.

Tell the Packers to either take it or find another team that will give them more.
That’s a reasonable scenario but getting back to the whole leverage discussion - if your last comment comes into play, then who is the Jets starting QB? Vegan thinks ARod coming back to the Packers is the big OMG situation, but the Jets think they are SB contenders. Based upon his ant-Gute rant you’d think he would worry about maximizing that SB window.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Packers dont want Rodgers.
Rodgers doesnt want to play in GB.

The Jets know this. They Also know they are one of a very few trade partners. Jets can make an offer and tell green bay to take it or leave it. Leverage.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:13 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

The Jets know this. They Also know they are one of a very few trade partners. Jets can make an offer and tell green bay to take it or leave it. Leverage.

Again - in Bernstein pausing tones - who is the Jets QB? Answer that please and then I’ll dissect the Packers situation. (Hint: wahhhh…we have a disgruntled back-up).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Again - in Bernstein pausing tones - who is the Jets QB? Answer that please and then I’ll dissect the Packers situation. (Hint: wahhhh…we have a disgruntled back-up).

Wilson isn't good but he was 5-4 last year.. better than Rodgers 8-9.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:46 pm 

312player wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Wilson isn't good but he was 5-4 last year.. better than Rodgers 8-9.

Wow. That’s a Vegan level bad comparison.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:51 pm 

I'm just pointing out they can go to the playoffs with Wilson, the team is loaded.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:55 pm 

312player wrote:
I'm just pointing out they can go to the playoffs with Wilson, the team is loaded.

You realize they were 7-10 last season, right? And the weak link was the QB. But sure, next season will be different.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:06 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

You realize they were 7-10 last season, right? And the weak link was the QB. But sure, next season will be different.

Wilson was 5-4 .. they have a lot of great young talent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:22 pm 

312player wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

Nobody is arguing with the second half of that statement but attributing the 5-4 to Wilson is absurd and you know it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:57 pm 

Zippy is lying here. The pack won't have a "disgruntled" backup QB. You'll have two QBs who want out. On Rodgers, there is no trade partner other than the Jets. After Gute incompetently failed to resolve the Rodgers issue following the season, Rodgers singlehandedly told the league "do not trade for me because I'm only going to the Jets". After that announcement, which again was only caused by Gute's indecision and lack of executive management skills, even interested teams were not gonna make offers to the pack for Rodgers because Rodgers would simply not show up. That reduced the packs leverage considerably - they can only work with the jets. This is what happens when your GM is an imbecile.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Last edited by veganfan21 on Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:58 pm 

312player wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

This is like Rick attributing 2018 to (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:03 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy is lying here. The pack won't have a "disgruntled" backup QB. You'll have two QBs who want out. On Rodgers, there is no trade partner other than the Jets. After Gute incompetently failed to resolve the Rodgers issue following the season, Rodgers singlehandedly told the league "do not trade for me because I'm only going to the Jets". After that announcement, which again was only caused by Gute's indecision and lack of executive management skills, even interested teams were not gonna make offers to the pack for Rodgers because Rodgers would simply not show up. That reduced the packs leverage considerably - they can only work with the jets. This is what happens when your GM is an imbecile.

Not obsessed. Very normal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:08 pm 

Tell us how Gute's boots taste.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:09 pm 

I'm just repeating what Frank said anyway.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:45 am 

312 would have been a huge Craig Krenzel fan. 3-2!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:46 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

You are a delusional mess.

Love does not want out. He is the Packers 2023 starter. It's up to the Jets if they want Rodgers or Zach Wilson.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:14 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You are a delusional mess.

Love does not want out. He is the Packers 2023 starter. It's up to the Jets if they want Rodgers or Zach Wilson.

If love is the starter, and everyone knows it... how do the Packers have leverage again? Because the fans want Rodgers? Ok.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 306  Next