It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 59  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Juiced wrote:
How stupid is Cubbie nation
Veery.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
How stupid is Cubbie nation to "want" Strop? Well Juiced, we don't have any great options. There isn't a single lock down guy in that pen right now. Even Davis has been shaky.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Obviously, I'd rather the all star closer on the roster close out the 9th inning. Since he is likely unavailable, someone has to do it. It's not like I'm choosing Strop over Chapman, Jansen or Miller. It's either him or Duensing. So take your pick.

Also, may I suggest contacting Jbills for some gif lessons.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Juiced wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I'm saying if the need arises, and there is nobody else, Davis has to be ready to go. Even if its for one batter, or 15 pitches. You can't give the ball to Lackey over Davis in a save situation.

It is simply baffling to me that in a win or go home game that anybody (who isn't hurt) would be unavailable.

I bet Arrieta would come in tonite for a short stretch if it was a long extra inning game.

Davis should only pitch if he's going to be effective.
You guys are arguing past each other.

Davis wasn't effective last night, dude threw half his pitches for balls. It's time for someone else tonight. Time for a new hero. Time for Justin Wilson to go two innings and be a strike thrower.

If Davis has to come in, the game is over.

Can I switch to the "The Subdivision" and still be a Cubs fan?

I didn't say it was going to happen. I'm painting a scenario where the Cubs win tonight. It's super hard.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:40 pm 

Must win game tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:40 pm 

It isn't hard to paint a scenario where they win.

Q gives you 7 strong innings. The offense puts up 7 or 8 runs and you piecemeal the 8th and 9th inning with R/L matchups and hope none of them allow a crooked number.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Some of you fucking people make HawaiiYou seem readable.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:42 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Q gives you 7 strong innings. The offense puts up 7 or 8 runs and you piecemeal the 8th and 9th inning with R/L matchups and hope none of them allow a crooked number.

:roll: 7-8 runs against Kershaw. That's less likely than Strop closing out the highest leverage inning of the night with no damage.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:45 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

:roll: 7-8 runs against Kershaw. That's less likely than Strop closing out the highest leverage inning of the night with no damage.

They dropped 5 on him in game 6 last year. Do that again early and you got a stew going mister.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:47 pm 

denisdman wrote:
How stupid is Cubbie nation to "want" Strop? Well Juiced, we don't have any great options. There isn't a single lock down guy in that pen right now. Even Davis has been shaky.

Davis is your ONLY option to close out the game. You put in anyone else and Davis is still on the bench, then you deserve to lose.

However, Davis should be used when you need him and not just saved to close because that chance may not come. Maddon should have used Davis the other night when the game was tied and they needed to get out of the inning. Lackey had no business coming into that game. If Davis is burnt then you have an argument for Strop, (Wilson) If he was on the roster, someone suggested he should close and he isn't even on the NLCS roster :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:48 pm 

I was told earlier that the bullpen didn't need Andrew Miller. Is that still true?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:50 pm 

So Juiced and I agree with each other. That's odd since he spent the last one calling me a fucking idiot that doesn't watch the games. :?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Juiced wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Davis is your ONLY option to close out the game. You put in anyone else and Davis is still on the bench, then you deserve to lose.

However, Davis should be used when you need him and not just saved to close because that chance may not come. Maddon should have used Davis the other night when the game was tied and they needed to get out of the inning. Lackey had no business coming into that game. If Davis is burnt then you have an argument for Strop, (Wilson) If he was on the roster, someone suggested he should close and he isn't even on the NLCS roster :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:01 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Here is another scenario that is just as likely as what you just posted.

Pigs will fly and carry one of Jason Heyward's lazy fly balls out of the park for a HR.

Hell will freeze over and cause the Dodgers bus to slip on the icy roads, killing everyone on board.

Dodgers call upon their AAA team and just miss a grand slam off Pedro Strop in the bottom of the ninth to lose the game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I was told earlier that the bullpen didn't need Andrew Miller. Is that still true?

You mean the guy the offensive juggernaut David Ross homered off of?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:04 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Juiced wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Frank, get ready buddy. I am coming over to the dark side! It will be like the Cubs in 2014 all over again!

Going to buy my Abreau jersey from the thrift shop tonight!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:05 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
So Juiced and I agree with each other. That's odd since he spent the last one calling me a fucking idiot that doesn't watch the games. :?

I never said "fucking" idiot to be fair. That is saved for Elmhurst Steve.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:07 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

:lol: that actually DOES make me feel better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:10 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

:lol: that actually DOES make me feel better.

GO CUBBIES!!!!! FUCK, BRING IN FUCKING STROP in the 9th!!!! THESE ARE THE CUBBIES BRO!!! WE COULD BRING IN ICEGIRL and get the save!

I'm sorry I said I wanted to go to the dark side. I feel dirty. Forgive me... for I have sinned against Cubbie blue!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Must win game tonight.

You should call in to 3 different radio shows with that thought

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:12 pm 

I hope the Cubs lose so the Cubs fans can stop infighting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

We already have enough bullpen guys giving up runs, so yeah, we don’t need him .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:16 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

We already have enough bullpen guys giving up runs, so yeah, we don’t need him .

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:29 pm 

I must have missed this discussion. How were we going to get Miller?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I just find these last few pages odd. After all, I was told yesterday that no one expected them to win and they wouldn't be hurt because at least they got this far.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I just find these last few pages odd. After all, I was told yesterday that no one expected them to win and they wouldn't be hurt because at least they got this far.

What's odd about arguing who should close out the game?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Schwarber and Heyward better not be starting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
That holds for me...their bullpen is shit, they can't hit, they're losing to a better team because of it...I have zero expectations. If they happen to win again, bonus. They flip the switch and take it to a game 7? Yes, I'll be back invested.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:34 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What's odd about arguing who should close out the game?

mike sees things that the rest of us dont see.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:35 pm 

Quintana is going to throw a CG

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 59  Next