It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
rogers park bryan wrote:
spmack wrote:
Meh....you all are acting like guys who see athletes on TV and say "Man If I was in there, I'd be doing this...."

I know but in my case....its true.

You know it

This show would also feature legitimate Hip Hop discussion from two people with the chops to discuss it. That is lacking in sports radio.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:24 am 

spmack wrote:
Meh....you all are acting like guys who see athletes on TV and say "Man If I was in there, I'd be doing this...."

I'm telling you that, other than Cairo, Eaglo and other guys with training, the untrained does not have a shot.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
North should just show up in costume (maybe a mustache....by cracky) and win it incognito.

Then demand 800 grand a year again and be disqualified.

He could dress like a chinaman.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
good dolphin wrote:
spmack wrote:

I'm telling you that, other than Cairo, Eaglo and other guys with training, the untrained does not have a shot.

To be honest, I'm not looking for any of us to be a winner....just make it to the final 10, or final 4 or whatever....

I believe that there was a Mike North type that made it to the final 4 a few years ago. He had no training at all, and worked at a plant?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
talking to yourself between 3-6am on a Sunday morning sounds awesome....

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i sent them a nice lil email this morning. i typically do nothing at 3am-6am on saturday. and holy shit give me a drunken don cooper and we'll have some motherfucking #realtalk you know we'll be a righteous scythe through bullshit and say fuck baseball, this show is about LIFE SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naw really i do have important questions about chris sale's turn-ons and turn-offs that i know don would be quite candid about. i'm going to hook an athlete someday guys, i need to get paid!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
sinicalypse wrote:
i sent them a nice lil email this morning.

Is there any chance you can post this for the class?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:04 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
i sent them a nice lil email this morning.

Is there any chance you can post this for the class?

sure.

---

[subject] registration for the 2012 score search contest

[my IRL powerword]
4:46 AM (6 hours ago)

to scorepromotions
hello, i would like to register for the score search contest!

[my personal information]

thanks and have a great day!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:12 am 

Wait, no manifesto about why you should replace Grobber? I'm disappointed.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
sjboyd0137 wrote:

That was the "personal information"...

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:14 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

I'm calling BS. No way Sini sent an email that short.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The position looks appealing, but here's the problem I have with it. There's going to be a great deal of people who will apply for this position, but this can't be Maya Gavin all over again. No sooner did Maya win the contest and have her own show at 2a Sunday morning, her former SCORE bosses didn't do her any favors and she's no longer at the radio station as a result.

What I mean by that is that whoever wins the next "SCORE Search" better have what Maya didn't. When you win a contest like this, it would behoove The SCORE to have he/she on the station as much as possible. In addition to hosting a new weekend show, he/she should also get an opportunity to fill in during times when Scoreheads might actually listen. That was part of the problem with Maya. Not enough listeners had a chance to actually hear her brand of sports talk in my opinion, despite reading criticism about her short-lived show.

As for me, if I entered, I feel like it would be an uphill climb. I mentioned a lot of people will audition, but I don't feel all that confident that I'd get an interview with the Program Director, let alone be among the Final Four during The SCORE's live finale on Saturday, July 21st. Quite frankly, it's a real longshot at best.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:43 am 

SHARK wrote:
As for me, if I entered, I feel like it would be an uphill climb. I mentioned a lot of people will audition, but I don't feel all that confident that I'd get an interview with the Program Director, let alone be among the Final Four during The SCORE's live finale on Saturday, July 21st. Quite frankly, it's a real longshot at best.

That's a very defeatist attitude, SHARK. I'm disappointed.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
not sure why they are having this contest again...the "winner " last year never gets any airtime as it is...seems like they need to lose a few guys before they hire more.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:47 am 

312player wrote:
not sure why they are having this contest again...the "winner " last year never gets any airtime as it is...seems like they need to lose a few guys before they hire more.

The winner last year writes shit on their website. It wasn't for a radio gig...

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:49 am 

spmack wrote:
SHARK wrote:

That's a very defeatist attitude, SHARK. I'm disappointed.

Spmack, I'm being realistic and brutally honest. If CSFMB wants to nominate me, fine. I simply don't have a good feeling about my own chances to win a contest that might not be what it appears. Lots will enter, few will even get interviewed, let alone get a "bite of the apple", as Bulls/White Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf once told the guys up the dial.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:40 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
spmack wrote:

I know but in my case....its true.

You know it

This show would also feature legitimate Hip Hop discussion from two people with the chops to discuss it. That is lacking in sports radio.

lol.... well if i get the show i'm keeping you the fuck away from it. i don't need to be outshined by the guy who did one man cipher =D

* cracks 24 of colt 45 *

works every time. speaking of legitimate hip hop discussion, omfg i got a beat gotta rework the verse intervals and lay some motherfucking verbal crackpipe today.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:43 pm 

spmack wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

I'm calling BS. No way Sini sent an email that short.

sini has been retired. i think i came up with a new rap name i've already got my dj name.... it's kind of like chicago rap legend sharkula (who is fam, btw) his OG friends know him as thig....

welp feel privileged you can know me as sini, but the world? naw gotta do something more direct less faux-ethereal.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:14 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
312player wrote:

The winner last year writes shit on their website. It wasn't for a radio gig...

You're referring to Tim "Ten Foot Midget" Baffoe, and the position was for a blogger for The SCORE's Website, which is now part of CBSchicago.com. Unlike Andrew "McLovin" Perloff on "The Dan Patrick Show", bloggers aren't supposed to have any airtime whatsoever.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:16 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Unlike Andrew "McLovin" Perloff on "The Dan Patrick Show", bloggers aren't supposed to have any airtime whatsoever.

Why?

Doesn't Bernstein blog? Should he not have air time?

What about Meatpants?

Where in the United States Constitution or in the FCC Regulations does it state that bloggers aren't supposed to have any air time?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:28 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Unlike Andrew "McLovin" Perloff on "The Dan Patrick Show", bloggers aren't supposed to have any airtime whatsoever.

Why?

What about Meatpants?

Where in the United States Constitution or in the FCC Regulations does it state that bloggers aren't supposed to have any air time?

SJ, how the hell should I know? I'm not Dan Patrick!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:28 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

Obama strikes again... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:30 pm 

SHARK wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Why?

What about Meatpants?

SJ, how the hell should I know? I'm not Dan Patrick!

SHARK

I am simply asking why bloggers aren't supposed to have air time. You factually stated that in your post that I quoted (see bold)

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:31 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Obama strikes again... :roll:

Apparently, it's the Dan Patrick amendment.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:21 pm 

Well, they all talk on the "DP Show". I don't think The SCORE has a designated blogger for every show they air.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:24 pm 

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:42 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't think it's that the Score bloggers (10'M, Dorfman, guy with a Polish name) CAN'T have airtime, it's just that they don't. Maybe they're trying to get airtime but haven't earned it yet. Maybe they sound like Adam Harris on helium after getting kicked in the junk. Who knows.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:04 pm 

You know what I'd like to see...this board get the money to begin its own radio channel. You could set a rotation of posters from this board to cover a full broadcast day. Imagine the likes of a spmack, Kid Cairo, Beardown, Shark and the rest waxing poetic about sports on a daily basis. No need for newspaper people to moonlight as hosts or ex-jocks looking for life after their sport. This could be a station for the people, of the people and by the people. Actually, for the people, of the people and by the people from this website.

I remember friends asking if I would go through the process again if the station did another contest and I remember saying that I doubt I would be considered based on what happened the first time they did this. It wouldn't look good if I made it through their process and won as it would look "rigged". Or, from my side, I'd hate to make it all the way to the finals and be the bridesmaid, again. Or, apply and not even make it to the audition portion. It wasn't a "win-win" situation at all. I had a blast doing it and despite my inquiries I never found out what I was missing that kept me from winning. I got the ole' "it wasn't what you did" speech which never answered my question. I also got the "I think we can do something with you. Stay in touch." line from Mitch and, of course, it went nowhere. Ironically, a position at the station was posted ten months ago for a sports anchor at the Score. I wasn't working at the time and contacted Mitch who said he remembered who I was. I didn't hear back from him for several weeks during which time I was offered a full time teaching job which I took. Several days after accepting the position, Mitch calls and asked if I might be able to come and talk with him. I had to turn it down as I had something for sure compared to something I might not get. Still, I had a good time and enjoyed the experience.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Spmack Talk with Spmack and Speeps

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I'd put some of my own money behind that vehicle. Granted, I don't have any, but still...

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next