It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:10 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Sum1Here wrote:
Does anyone know what Terry was rambling about at the beginning of transition when he tried to explain himself? :shock:

Terry's talked to some other people and they've "kind of confirmed it."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Boers wrote:
I don't get it. Why is everyone going off on this?

His own damn station treated it as breaking news. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Wow. Terry is really full of shit. Hes just making shit up. Hes trying to prove that he is still relevant...but its hard to have any credibility when he hasnt been to Halas hall or a game in many many years.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
This is embarrassing. It sounds like the other guys know he's full of crap but won't explicitly call him out on it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
The Score has a long and proud history of existing deep within the recesses of its own ass, but this is really bad. I honestly don't know why, out of all the mumbled ramblings Terry's passed off as inside info over the years, this is the one they run with.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tad Queasy wrote:
This is embarrassing. It sounds like the other guys know he's full of crap but won't explicitly call him out on it.

I get the feeling li'l danny doesn't mind him looking stupid. We all have our "guys". I have a guy who tells me there is no love lost between the two. At least from Terry's end.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:23 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:

Most of the other Score guys have known that Terry is full of crap for years...& in the last year, Bernsie has been challenging Terry more & more & you can tell than Berns knows hes full of shit.
Using the "my guy" thing is something that no other reporter does. Its weak & all BS.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:33 pm 

am I the only one who thinks it is odd that Lovie's son refers to him as "Coach"?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
am I the only one who thinks it is odd that Lovie's son refers to him as "Coach"?

Ray Meyer's whole family called him "Coach".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:52 pm 

Wow. Turns out Terry doesn't have solid information.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
In Terry's defense:

I heard the clips from lovie and emery regarding this story. Lovie of course refused to answer and emery said that this is something he "usually" does in the offseason. I didn't hear emery flat out say "no we're not talking contract extension right now"....unless I missed it. And if emery has already given his blessing, like terry said, he wouldn't be involved anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:07 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Ray Meyer's whole family called him "Coach".

The Coach was his nickname and he was Joey's coach...but still weird.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Keeping Score wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
In Terry's defense:

I heard the clips from lovie and emery regarding this story. Lovie of course refused to answer and emery said that this is something he "usually" does in the offseason. I didn't hear emery flat out say "no we're not talking contract extension right now"....unless I missed it. And if emery has already given his blessing, like terry said, he wouldn't be involved anyway.

^^^^^^^ Voice of reason ^^^^^^^^

Terry was caught fibbing in yet another grandstanding segment of bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Today, Terry sounded like a little kid who told a lie to impress his friends, and it ended up spreading like wildfire and got other people involved that he never intended. He began backtracking during transition and you could just tell by the tones of Mac and Meat that they didn't believe him. I doubt Bernstein believes him either but he felt obliged to stand up for the old man. Then throughout the show today, Terry sounded a bit flustered.

We all know that Boers has no connections with the Bears. Hell, he doesn't even watch the Bears. He doesn't watch anything but baseball and American Idol. The guy needs to retire and let someone else step in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

Sum1Here wrote:
Today, Terry sounded like a little kid who told a lie to impress his friends, and it ended up spreading like wildfire and got other people involved that he never intended. He began backtracking during transition and you could just tell by the tones of Mac and Meat that they didn't believe him. I doubt Bernstein believes him either but he felt obliged to stand up for the old man. Then throughout the show today, Terry sounded a bit flustered.

We all know that Boers has no connections with the Bears. Hell, he doesn't even watch the Bears. He doesn't watch anything but baseball and American Idol. The guy needs to retire and let someone else step in.

Meat was subtly attempting to distance himself from the silly non-story all day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Sum1Here wrote:

Meat was subtly attempting to distance himself from the silly non-story all day.

Especially during the lead up to transition, Meat even gave Terry a life-line when he asked Boers if "His Guy!" could have misread or misspoke or whatever. Terry emphatically said NO and then went on a strange and awkward diatribe. He went from saying that "yeah, my guy told me that Lovie and Emery are talking about a contract extension...." to "ya know, my guy is right but it isn't even a big deal it's just something to keep in your mind...that's it." Which is it? Apparently it was a big enough deal during yesterdays/todays programing that WSCR had "....and in a story broken by WSCR's own Terry Boers....." all over the updates.

Even BernSTEIN wanted nothing to do with it and Mac was very nervous/awkward when talking about it during the show today. No one believes Boers and his bullshit. It was a safe lie, or so Boers thought, that got out of hand.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:29 am 

Terry "Fredo" Boers "I'm smart, too! I have peeps, I do!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:18 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
spanky wrote:
Terry was wrong, but it was a far worse offense that the update guys kept saying "news broken by the Score's own Terry Boers...". That's where they screwed up.

Again, nobody knows for sure if he was right or wrong, Sanka.

. . . but I will say this, for the station to trumpet the shit out of the "TB scoop" like that, don't you think that if it was a figment of Boers' imagination that he would have made an immediate, red-faced move to temper that enthusiasm a bit to curb a tidal wave of embarrassment?

. . . Like, say, he would have pulled an update guy or producer aside and told him to cool the jets?

The only other thing I could think of is that whoever decided to really run with it and blow it up is not a big fan of Good Ole TB, but I find that highly unlikely.

I think maybe that TB was onto something, but the publicity put the kibash on it, as evidenced in that shifty-ass news conference.

and honestly, who cares if the Bears are negotiating with Lovie almost 2 years before his contract is up? Lovie is going nowhere if the offer him a market rate contract but if he chose to go elsewhere, I don't think you would find outraged fans. Players may be disappointed but the Urlacher-Briggs-Tillman era will be just about over by that time anyway and none of the offensive players strike me as the sentimental type.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SomeGuy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Could we consider the possibility that Boers says things impulsively to sound relevant regardless of truth?

Terry is bad, a liar and totally full of shit.

It's reasonable to think that a discussion concerning an extension might have taken place. Maybe Boers figured he would "break the story" by making one up that certainly seemed plausible. if so, what a lazy, stupid thing to do.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:21 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
curseoftheirish wrote:
Terry "Fredo" Boers "I'm smart, too! I have peeps, I do!"

Don't be a stranger curse.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:02 pm 

To whomever said Terry is the "only" person in the media that uses "I got a guy", that's a lie too. Look no further than the guy he (sometimes) sits in the studio with. Just yesterday and today Dan has been wowing everyone with stories of his insiders in Champaign, Nike and the Bulls. He doesn't use "guy" as much as Uncle Teary does, but the validity of his "sources" are not much more solid than what Terry belches out. I think it's just embarrassing, for both of them. Terry obviously makes up a lot of stuff, on the fly, whereas I think Dan comes in with some "doesn't really matter, either way, and if it goes opposite whatever I say it'll be easy enough to just state that it could have ALWAYS gone the other way" pre-loaded.

I guess the good news for this show is that Jason "big time NBA insider" is gone ... that's one less "I got a guy at the UC who told me some stuff...snicker, snort...best believe Rasual Butler wasn't liking what Thibs was dishing out" useless BS machine. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:56 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:
To whomever said Terry is the "only" person in the media that uses "I got a guy", that's a lie too. Look no further than the guy he (sometimes) sits in the studio with. Just yesterday and today Dan has been wowing everyone with stories of his insiders in Champaign, Nike and the Bulls. He doesn't use "guy" as much as Uncle Teary does, but the validity of his "sources" are not much more solid than what Terry belches out. I think it's just embarrassing, for both of them. Terry obviously makes up a lot of stuff, on the fly, whereas I think Dan comes in with some "doesn't really matter, either way, and if it goes opposite whatever I say it'll be easy enough to just state that it could have ALWAYS gone the other way" pre-loaded.

I guess the good news for this show is that Jason "big time NBA insider" is gone ... that's one less "I got a guy at the UC who told me some stuff...snicker, snort...best believe Rasual Butler wasn't liking what Thibs was dishing out" useless BS machine. ;)

Great point. Just this week, Dan's had a NASA source, a Nike marketing source, an Illini source...could be just as fictional as Terry's "guys".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
They all went to the same camp.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:

*SIGH* Look, again, uh, uh, no, I mean, you see these guys, or, you don't see them, whatever you want to say, but, uh, eh, growing up in Steger, and uh, uh, I, I, I, *SIGH*, look, again, in my world, that is, going to Bloom, we didn't know many people of the Jewish faith, eh, eh, uh, I mean look, for the love of G_d, they were over in Homewood, but again, I never went to any camps, uh, uh, I, I, I worked at Jack-In-The-Box instead, and let me tell you, that was a motley crew, I, I, I worked with some of the biggest pieces of garbage ever to slap together a Bonus Jack, there was a guy named Brock Walters, and, uh, he never went to camp either, but, look, again, my partner, got to do some things we didn't do, and, uh, eh, eh, that includes going to camp with future luminaries that later become guys, uh, eh, people like Debra Messing and that lawyer from Love Cruise who severed his own scrotum when he reached between Toni's legs and found a surprise, by cracky, uh, eh, eh, but look, again, in my world, those people didn't exist, and eh, I don't know, but, and sometimes this is just what you do, you, eh, eh, look, it's a lot tougher cultivating future guys at a card game in the Hotel Albert, for the love of God!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:27 am 

uofiguy wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:

Great point. Just this week, Dan's had a NASA source, a Nike marketing source, an Illini source...could be just as fictional as Terry's "guys".

His federal law enforcement sources are impeccable. He and Learry had Sam Hurd as one of Chicago's biggest drug dealers with NFL cocaine clients numbering in the double digits.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

*SIGH* Look, again, uh, uh, no, I mean, you see these guys, or, you don't see them, whatever you want to say, but, uh, eh, growing up in Steger, and uh, uh, I, I, I, *SIGH*, look, again, in my world, that is, going to Bloom, we didn't know many people of the Jewish faith, eh, eh, uh, I mean look, for the love of G_d, they were over in Homewood, but again, I never went to any camps, uh, uh, I, I, I worked at Jack-In-The-Box instead, and let me tell you, that was a motley crew, I, I, I worked with some of the biggest pieces of garbage ever to slap together a Bonus Jack, there was a guy named Brock Walters, and, uh, he never went to camp either, but, look, again, my partner, got to do some things we didn't do, and, uh, eh, eh, that includes going to camp with future luminaries that later become guys, uh, eh, people like Debra Messing and that lawyer from Love Cruise who severed his own scrotum when he reached between Toni's legs and found a surprise, by cracky, uh, eh, eh, but look, again, in my world, those people didn't exist, and eh, I don't know, but, and sometimes this is just what you do, you, eh, eh, look, it's a lot tougher cultivating future guys at a card game in the Hotel Albert, for the love of God!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:33 am 

When they get criticized about certain things they say doesn't Dan often insist that they aren't journalists or reporters and that they're paid to give their opinions? That makes it even more odd that they would promote this relatively trivial "story" as something Terry reported even though they insist he's not a reporter.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:14 am 

Dan was talking about his "reporting" of the Kerry Wood personal services contract from last year which 1) would have been improper under MLB rules and 2) Dan still cannot give any parameters of the contract

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
Was watching a show on the take down on Bin laden last night. Reminded me of hearing Dan say that his "source" told him a guy pulled up on a motorcycle, "Mossad Style", and put one shot in Bin Laden's head as he was walking down the street. Yea...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:15 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Dan was talking about his "reporting" of the Kerry Wood personal services contract from last year which 1) would have been improper under MLB rules and 2) Dan still cannot give any parameters of the contract

When Woody returned to the Cubs, many many people predicted that Wood would someday be in the broadcast booth for the Cubs. This really wasn't much of a breaking story for Berns to predict the same.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next