It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:57 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
FrankDrebin wrote:
Drafted Perdue, traded him for Rodman
Drafted King, traded him for Longley

really? I never knew that. I always thought Luc was some kinda free agent signing from overseas or some shit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:00 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
long time guy wrote:

He called Chandler the next Garnett. Those were his words. He drafted 2 "Centers of the future" in the same draft. That's terrible.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it wasnt terrible. Those were the Teen Towers :lol:

It was funny actually.

It didnt work out because they were young inexperienced guys. But both those guys turned to be good players in the long run.

At that time u needed big men.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:18 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Krause was a fill-in in charge of the Bulls draft in '76, then GM from '85- early '03.
My thoughts on his #1 draft picks:

'76- Scott May...a bust
'85- Charles Oakley (via trade)...hard nosed aggressive player, but not all-star caliber.
"86- Brad Sellers...huge bust
'87- 2 1st rd.picks Scottie Pippin (via trade).. spectacular player. Horace Grant...solid great pick
'88- Wil Purdue (via trade)...a bust. Bulls trade Oakley and swapped 1st rd. picks with the Knicks. Knicks selected solid NBA player Rod Strickland (career 18 PER). Bulls also got Bill Cartwright a so-so guy in the regular season, but rose to the occasion in post season.
'89- 3 1st rd.picks...Stacey King...a bust, BJ Armstrong...great setup shooter, a step slow to compete with elite guards, Jeff Sanders...a bust
'90- traded 1st rd. for trash. Got very good player Toni Kukoc 2nd. Rd.
'91- Mark Randall...a bust
'92- Byron Houston...a bust traded later in the year for bums
'93- Corie Blount ...a bust
'94- Dickey Simpkins...a bust
'95- Jason Caffey- a bust
'96- Travis Knight...a bust
'97- Keith booth...a bust
'98- Corey Benjamin ...a bust
'99- 2 1st. rd. picks Eton Brand, Metta World Peace...solid draft
'00- 3 #1 picks. Marcus's Pfizer, Chris Mihm, Dalibor Bagaric...all bums. Mihn was traded for Jamal Crawford. A solid pro, but after he left the Bulls
'01- Eddie Curry... Soft. Disappointing pick. Traded great player Elton Brand for another disappointing player Tyson Chandler.
'02- Jay Williams...showed signs of brilliance after slow start. Tragic accident ended his career.

Last edited by vitoscotti on Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
vitoscotti wrote:
Krause was a fill-in in charge of the Bulls draft in '76, then GM from '85- early '03.
My thoughts on his #1 draft picks:

'76- Scott May...a bust
'85- Charles Oakley (via trade)...hard nosed aggressive player, but not all-star caliber.
"86- Brad Sellers...huge bust
'87- 2 1st rd.picks Scottie Pippin (via trade).. spectacular player. Jeff Sanders...a bust
'88- Wil Purdue (via trade)...a bust. Bulls trade Oakley and swapped 1st rd. picks with the Knicks. Knicks selected solid NBA playe Rod Strickland (career 18 PER). Bulls also got Bill Cartwright a so-so guy in the regular season, but rose to the occasion in post season.
'89- Stacey King...a bust
'90- traded 1st rd. for trash. Got very good player Toni Kukoc 2nd. Rd.
'91- Mark Randall...a bust
'92- Byron Houston...a bust traded later in the year for bums
'93- Corie Blount ...a bust
'94- Dickey Simpkins...a bust
'95- Jason Caffey- a bust
'96- Travis Knight...a bust
'97- Keith booth...a bust
'98- Corey Benjamin ...a bust
'99- 2 1st. rd. picks Eton Brand, Metta World Peace...solid draft
'00- 3 #1 picks. Marcus's Pfizer, Chris Mihm, Dalibor Bagaric...all bums. Mihn was traded for Jamal Crawford. A solid pro, but after he left the Bulls
'01- Eddie Curry... Soft. Disappointing pick. Traded great player Elton Brand for another disappointing player Tyson Chandler.
'02- Jay Williams...showed signs of brilliance after slow start. Tragic accident ended his career.

les' most recent show was to read off all jerry krause draft picks?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am not going to be a strong supporter of Krause's drafts but try to remember many of the Jordan years he picked near the bottom. Sure he missed on a lot of his top picks. But most have seen now that after top 5 then top 10 there are crap shoots in NBA drafts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
pittmike wrote:
I am not going to be a strong supporter of Krause's drafts but try to remember many of the Jordan years he picked near the bottom.

Definitely true. Also, some of the players served their uses. Caffey could play a little, but he and Simpkins were sort of enforcers back when you needed them. The NBA's Mike Pelusos.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
How do you forget about Horace Grant?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:45 am 

tommy wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I am not going to be a strong supporter of Krause's drafts but try to remember many of the Jordan years he picked near the bottom.

Definitely true. Also, some of the players served their uses. Caffey could play a little, but he and Simpkins were sort of enforcers back when you needed them. The NBA's Mike Pelusos.

Jason Caffey had a 10 year NBA career before he fathered a country and decided to play for the penal system. Not a bust and definitely not a bust from where he was drafted

Dickey had a 9 year NBA career. It was undistinguished but a bust is a guy out of the league after his first contract.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:48 am 

good dolphin wrote:
tommy wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Jason Caffey had a 10 year NBA career before he fathered a country and decided to play for the penal system. Not a bust and definitely not a bust from where he was drafted

Dickey had a 9 year NBA career. It was undistinguished but a bust is a guy out of the league after his first contract.

Never confuse activity with accomplishment I guess. Caffey was an ok guy to come off the bench. Dickey Simpkins was the 1990's version of Brad Sellers. A running joke of a player.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Hatchetman wrote:

Because he's pushing a dumb narrative. There are a lot of guys that vito has listed as "busts" that really weren't. Stacey King was not a "bust". If all Will Perdue ever did was yield Dennis Rodman, he's not a bust. And guys like Simpkins and Caffey were useful NBA players selected near the bottom of the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:52 am 

The Bulls were already crumbling when Jordan decided to return. 34-31 and a 7 seed as I remember. His rust filled presence alone made them title contenders. The notion that Krause had to "rebuild" around Jordan was a joke. The return of Jordan in of itself, was the rebuild.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:53 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Scottie was the best all around player in the league the year before.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
Krause lived near me in Highland Park (my house was two down from Pippen's). The image that is seared in my head is below, he is fishing in a man made pond....that didn't have any fish. I remember this picture, or a similar one in the Trib and I had to laugh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Psycory wrote:
Krause lived near me in Highland Park (my house was two down from Pippen's). The image that is seared in my head is below, he is fishing in a man made pond....that didn't have any fish. I remember this picture, or a similar one in the Trib and I had to laugh.

Mitch Rosen was on with Holmes yesterday. Said he went fishing with Krause on this pond all the time. You sure no fish?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:57 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Because he's pushing a dumb narrative. There are a lot of guys that vito has listed as "busts" that really weren't. Stacey King was not a "bust". If all Will Perdue ever did was yield Dennis Rodman, he's not a bust. And guys like Simpkins and Caffey were useful NBA players selected near the bottom of the draft.

Will Perdue was a 3rd string Center on that team. He didn't "yield" Dennis Rodman. Dennis Rodman was a dump that no one else wanted. Even Pippen and Jordan had to be convinced to take the guy. Will Perdue was a No. 11 draft pick that was never a starter at any point in his NBA career.

The Bulls had to trade for Longley in order to make up for the previous mistake of having drafted the guy.

Stacey King was a bust. He had a decent rookie season and never was much of anything after that. He was beaten out by an undrafted rookie free agent for playing time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:00 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Psycory wrote:

Mitch Rosen was on with Holmes yesterday. Said he went fishing with Krause on this pond all the time. You sure no fish?

Surely that was just set up for a photo :lol: I mean surely the guy running the Bulls wouldn't actually fish in a pond with no fish? Right?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:01 pm 

You have to have the sliding scale for draft position. I don't see how King could not be a bust given his draft position.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:02 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Will Perdue was a 3rd string Center on that team. He didn't "yield" Dennis Rodman. Dennis Rodman was a dump that no one else wanted. Even Pippen and Jordan had to be convinced to take the guy. Will Perdue was a No. 11 draft pick that was never a starter at any point in his NBA career.

Agree on the Rodman take. Spurs would have accepted a bag of balls to take Rodman off their hands.

Perdue did start 223 games in his career, so you're wrong on that take. But yes, dude was a stiff.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
Scottie was the best all around player in the league the year before.

And they struggled with him as the best player by the time Jordan returned. Plus Pippen had requested a trade shortly before Jordan returned.

Jordan was the rebuild. He made them instant title contenders. There was no building around him. The rebuild was his return.

They went from a 7th seed to the 2nd round of the playoffs with him playing at about 50% of his optimum playing level. Still was able to give Orlando more than they should have given them all things considered.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
pittmike wrote:
Psycory wrote:

If there was, they put them there. There are other ponds in the area that you could fish, but they were surrounding the nature preserve, This one is not one of them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:05 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Agree on the Rodman take. Spurs would have accepted a bag of balls to take Rodman off their hands.

Perdue did start 223 games in his career, so you're wrong on that take. But yes, dude was a stiff.

Because guys were injured. He never went into any season that I can remember as any team's starting Center.

Everyone on those Bulls teams beat him out for playing time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:06 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Because guys were injured. He never went into any season that I can remember as any team's starting Center.

He started 78 games in 94-95.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
will perdue career highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEVVTmq8RtY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEVVTmq8RtY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
All of this is just classic LTG hyper focus on the trees while missing the forest completely. Too bad Krause didn't suck at building winners because otherwise he would have had better picks in the draft to pick the studs LTG says he missed.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Paxson is by far the best Bulls GM when it comes to drafting players. He just fell in love with the picks.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:13 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
All of this is just classic LTG hyper focus on the trees while missing the forest completely. Too bad Krause didn't suck at building winners because otherwise he would have had better picks in the draft to pick the studs LTG says he missed.

Sorry if the facts bother you. Jordan made winning possible. That's it. Krause proved he couldn't sniff the playoffs once he left in 98. The franchise was crumbling under Krause before Jordan came back to provide the life raft.

Won with and not because of him and unlike you I saw it from start to finish. I know what a joke of a GM he happened to be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:20 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Sorry if the facts bother you. Jordan made winning possible. That's it. Krause proved he couldn't sniff the playoffs once he left in 98. The franchise was crumbling under Krause before Jordan came back to provide the life raft.

Won with and not because of him and unlike you I saw it from start to finish. I know what a joke of a GM he happened to be.

:lol:

Also, this never happened: The franchise was crumbling under Krause before Jordan came back to provide the life raft.

It never happened because Krause took over in 1985.

If you were alive to see it I think you should have paid attention.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:28 pm 

There comes a point where ANY of the primary people in the Bulls dynasty can simply say "Count the number of rings" in reference to their career. Jerry, Jerry, Phil, Michael, Scottie.

If the goal is to win titles, and you win 6 of them then you are pretty good at whatever job you had to do it as compared to others who have similar jobs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:30 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

:lol:

Also, this never happened: The franchise was crumbling under Krause before Jordan came back to provide the life raft.

It never happened because Krause took over in 1985.

If you were alive to see it I think you should have paid attention.

:lol: :lol: Jordan missed all of nearly 2 seasons. You may want to read up on it. They were mediocre in 94-95. That is til he came out of retirement. Pippen had requested a trade about a month before Jordan's return. Might want to read up on that as well.

His return was the rebuild.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:32 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
There comes a point where ANY of the primary people in the Bulls dynasty can simply say "Count the number of rings" in reference to their career. Jerry, Jerry, Phil, Michael, Scottie.

If the goal is to win titles, and you win 6 of them then you are pretty good at whatever job you had to do it as compared to others who have similar jobs.

I'll just say it here: if you think Krause wasn't integral to the Bulls run in the '90s then you're either trolling or huge dumbass.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next